SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TOOL - Fear Inoculum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TOOL - Fear Inoculum Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted
Anyone else listening?

I'm on my 4th listen and I think it's really good. Danny, Maynard, and Justin are solid, but Adam's guitar work is just amazing on this record. That's my take away so far. 7empest, Pneuma, and Invincible are really standing out to me.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1730 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got about halfway through it over the weekend before having to get in my car. I'm pretty irritated about not being able to have a CD. After a dozen year hiatus I wonder if Maynard forgot who is their target market.

Posts: 220 | Location: ATL | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I am listening, it's a great album.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Pneuma and Invincible are the stand outs for me.
Wish I could've gotten a CD as well.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8007 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’m impressed. It’s pretty good. There are a few songs of noise that make me think there is an Easter egg hidden here, the same as 10000 days.

All in all, I like it quite a bit.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I really like it. It is supposedly their final album and there is definately some retrospection going on in both the lyrics and the music. It's vastly more impressive on good headphones if you haven't tried it that way yet. Descending, 7empest, and Invincible are taking turns being my favorite.

The guitar is very, very good, but the drums are what really impressed me.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only listened casually while working or driving but I like it. I need to read the lyrics and spend some time on headphones (good tip copaup) listening critically. 10,000 days didn't really click with me until I read the lyrics while listening.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
It’s not my favorite album of theirs, but it’s a solid addition and the next logical step in the evolution of their sound. It’s pretty much exactly what I expected. I tend to like music with more of an edge so their first two albums are my favorites though the third and forth I really like as well. 7empest is my favorite track on this album.

If you want to see a cool video, check out Danny Carey playing drums with a local band in some hotel ballroom as they cover “The Pot”. I don’t know the backstory but it’s a cool video and she’s not a half bad singer. Not great by any means but I kinda like her voice.

https://youtu.be/-JWdh-F1xdQ

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15250 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Damn that invincible riff and kick drum...

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1730 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Just put in my ear buds and cued it up on Amazon.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dislike the interludes, Chocolate Chip Trip in particular, but the real songs are solid. I'm *really* into Pneuma and Culling Voices right now.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post