SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dragon Age players....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragon Age players.... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I have played Origins about 10 times now, I love the game. I tried to play DA2 but it bored the shit out of me. I got about 15 hours in and just couldn't do it anymore. I want to play Inquisition, do you need to have played DA2 for the story?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
No. It doesn't require any previous games played.

However, like you, I don't think either of the follow up games compared to the first. They just didn't have the same feel.

Even if they had more endings, more side missions, more story line, higher production quality, they game play and story just didn't satisfy me like the first one.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It took me a while to get into DA2, but I ended up enjoying it. Not as good as the original, but it grows on you. It's just a shame that it takes hours to really "hook" you.

I still haven't played Inquisition, but it's next up on my "to play" list. Been trying to finish up the last of Witcher 3, which it taking a while with my limited video gaming time.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
origins is the best of the bunch, Inquisition is not far behind it. It is more Skyrim feel than origins. It is good. The story is good. Characters are good.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never played 1 or 2 but I liked inquisition. Good characters and environments but I got a little bored with the combat later in the game. When I played it there was an extremely powerful build for the wizard class that turned it into a melee character. You could really wreck enemies with it. Not sure if that got nerfed since then.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post