SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What are your best verbal comebacks!?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your best verbal comebacks!? Login/Join 
Finding the
sweet spot
posted Hide Post
This happened in the OR one day when the surgeon and I were hassling his scrub tech about her poor taste in automobiles. She’d finally had enough and said, “You can both just kiss my ass!”

I replied, “Rope me off an acre I’ll get started in the morning”. She didn’t speak to me for a little over two weeks after that.
Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.

Posts: 963 | Location: KCMO | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Nice Big Grin ^^

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
"You, you, you and your two jackass friends over there can all go fuck yourselves." (golf related, it's a long story)

The response? "Get yo scrawny white ass outta here".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
"I'm still preparing a formal response, but I am confident I can get it down to 2 words."

From my lawyer days.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Its hard to fix stupid.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
a friend of mine was threatened "I am going to kick your ass!"

his response " go ahead...the only thing stopping you is fear and common sense!!"

I laughed my ass off. Of course you had better be willing to back it up if you use that one lol

another version is

I could probably use a good ass whipping, but not sure you are the one that can do that,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevo1967:
This happened in the OR one day when the surgeon and I were hassling his scrub tech about her poor taste in automobiles. She’d finally had enough and said, “You can both just kiss my ass!”

I replied, “Rope me off an acre I’ll get started in the morning”. She didn’t speak to me for a little over two weeks after that.
Sean

Had similar - gave her a kiss on the left cheek ... of her face.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
“If I wanted come back, Id wipe it off your chin...”

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the witness stand in a trial for an auto accident....

Defendant's lawyer asked me "Don't all NC driver's licenses have an address on them?"

My response: "I don't know, I haven't seen all of them."

Posts: 586 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevo1967:

Sean

Years ago this hot blonde at work told me to kiss her ass. I asked, “Was that an offer?” She turned beet red.

One of the best lines used against me was a verbal argument and the guy says to me, “Who are you? You’re no one!” I had nothing and it still bothers me.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
A couple I've used:

"You have a remarkable grasp of the obvious"

"It's apparent that you are veracity challenged"

I've only used the second one once, but it was great. The fellow I said it to (an exec for a large software company) finally put it together about 5 minutes later. He interrupted the call and shouted "Are you calling me a liar!?" Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Not really a comeback so much as a great line to keep handy.

I was at an event and a guy stood aside to let a couple get past him. As the man past, he said to the guy. "Thank you, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar ... and there aren't many of us left!"

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
"You should go apologize to that plant over there for all of the oxygen you're wasting!

Posts: 4334 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
The only thing less interesting than that story is the way you told it.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
The only thing less interesting than that story is the way you told it.

A guy in my office was telling a long, rambling story to a group of us when I interrupted and said "Is there going to be a point to this story anytime in our future?"

The guy was my boss and I learned that I should reserve those witty comments for others. Razz

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
In another life, I once had to fire a guy, a real incompetent idiot. He started to criticize me and I tried to gently offer advice, but his attacks became harsher. I stopped and said (stolen from Glengarry Glenross) "I'd wish you luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it". Got up from my chair and left.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Money doesn't buy class or you don't have enough money.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
All fur coat and no knickers. Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, we had this good old boy come to the hospital as a new intern. He ran into this nurse, who thought it was her duty to break in the new doctors. She was reading him the riot act about something and when she slowed down to catch her breath, he asked her name. She said, "I'm nurse Smithers!" He reached in his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. He looked at it for a minute mumbling, "Smithers, Smithers..nope, your name's not on here." She snapped back at him, "What do you mean?" He looked up and said, "Well, when I took this job, they gave me this list of people I was supposed to take shit from and your name's not on it."

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
Look here you sperm burping gutter slut.

Or....Why are you so fat!?!? Well, every time I fuck your mom she gives me a cookie.

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post