SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Gabriel Allon novels-there’s a new one out, “The Order”. Please do NOT repeat NOT buy it! Silva has gone woke!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gabriel Allon novels-there’s a new one out, “The Order”. Please do NOT repeat NOT buy it! Silva has gone woke! Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
I’ve read all the Allon novels, as have many of you. Each year I have looked forward to the new Daniel Silva Allon novel which appears in July. I will not be doing that again.
I pre-ordered the latest which appeared on my Kindle I think July 14.
I read it. I regret ordering it, particularly since I did not look at the now-existing Amazon reviews which would have warned me about it.
Here’s the deal: Daniel Silva is now WOKE.
Spoilers, not that it matters:
The cause of all the hatred against Jews for the past two thousand years is the phrase “His blood be upon us and our children” from the Gospel of Matthew.”
All the populist politicians in Europe are crypto-Nazis; and by implication Trump.
Terrorist attacks in Germany are not made by Islamic extremists; anyone against immigration of Muslims into Europe is a crypto-Nazi; the attacks are themselves planned by a secret crypto-Nazi order of the Catholic Church to get the fictional equivalent of AfD elected to power in Germany.
Cardinals of the Catholic Church are easily bribed by the crypto-Nazi order to vote for their candidate for pope; and one of the members of the order murders the previous pope.
Paul Krugman is a “brilliant economist” whose writings on the European right are considered gospel (pun intended).

Oh, and if you’re an evangelical Christian, you’re a fool believing in the Bible. Never mind that evangelical Christians are the biggest non-Jewish supporters of Israel—maybe even including Jewish supporters.

I have never written a book anti-recommendation, but these days, unfortunately I doubt this is the last.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sjtill,

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir. I hate when an author decides to derail stories with idiocy of this sort.

I'll leave a review stating why I'll not be purchasing this drivel.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Good luck; they may or may not let you post a review for a book you haven’t bought. I posted a one-star review, and clicked “helpful” on all the negative reviews.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I keep a list of authors/books I've read. I see I read the first of the series in late 2018 but moved on to a different author after it. I don't remember why but apparently I wasn't all that impressed with book 1.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Not disagreeing but am a little slow and not understanding.

Seems like popular politicians tend to be fascist or crypto fascist. Not crypto Nazi. And that doesn’t seem to align with trump other than the fallacious popular belief that it doesn’t.

I’m not really following the politics here but I’m not versed on the topic which is why I find many SF threads enlightening.

In any case, if the book reads clearly as anti trump, that’s discouraging.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chp37
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the tip. Just scratched it from my wish list. Bye bye Silva. I remain unwoke.

Posts: 586 | Registered: October 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I had read all of Silva's Gabriel Allon books up until a couple years ago when I noticed he was starting to sound more and more anti-Trump. Disappointing, as I enjoyed the Allon character.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I assume you’ll forgive me if I make my own determination about he book.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I refer to your signature. Wink

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I assume you’ll forgive me if I make my own determination about he book.

Me as well. I finally got my copy from the Library after being on a long waiting list. Sorry, but I just don't see the "wokeness" in it. The Order is a thoroughly enjoyable read, and typical of the Silva/Allon series. He deals with the Muslim invasion (via immigration) of Europe and the far right's efforts to discredit and get rid of them. Also the far right's efforts to gain political and religious (Catholic) footholds. As far as the Bible stuff, it is fiction after all, and Silva uses that liberty to craft a good story.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'm just speaking for myself and really don't care if people read Silva's books or not, but I stopped reading the Allon series near the beginning of "The Other Woman" which came out in 2018. He's clearly anti-Trump, and the novel brought up the Russia collusion bullshit. He even went on the Morning Joe show on MSNBC where they treated him like royalty for bringing it up in the book. I won't post the link, but you can Google it. I don't know how "The Other Woman" storyline turned out, but I read fiction for entertainment, so if part of the storyline pisses me off, then I stop reading. I also don't finish watching movies that irritate me. I did really enjoy the Allon series for quite a while, but I was growing a bit tired of the characters.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that, bobandmikako! I read The Other Woman, somehow it didn't hit me over the head the way The Order did.