SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Picard is back...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picard is back... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget the dumbass space flowers that can crash a borg cube..
I also can’t stand the chick that keeps calling Picard “JL” holy shit does that get old quick.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that nickname bullshit flies in the face of every other character who still refers to Picard by his rank.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Plenty of characters used to use Jean-Luc. Guess JL has fewer syllables. Roll Eyes

Yeah, that gets on my nerves. It's not even a *good* nickname, it's awkward as hell.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
When I signed on to streaming services I was offered a free trail to CBS All Access and took it to watch the 3 episodes of Picard. I think that if I remember I even heard him using 4-letter words?

Anyway I cancelled the free trial after watching the episodes. He does look aged a bit, don't we all..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
CBS is currently offering 30 days free for CBS All Access. I signed up, will watch Season 1 of Picard, and then cancel within 29 days.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
When I signed on to streaming services I was offered a free trail to CBS All Access and took it to watch the 3 episodes of Picard. I think that if I remember I even heard him using 4-letter words?

Yeah, they use F-bombs in this show, which is yet another reason I will not watch it.

I spent part of today (home from work for unforeseeable future) re-watching old Next Generation episodes (starting with Season 3). I am still amazed by how good they are. This new crap is just trying too hard to be 'edgy.' I don't LIKE 'edgy.' Star Trek IS NOT 'edgy.' I won't even watch STD even though I could have gotten it free at my library on DVD. I won't watch this one, either.

I really don't know what crowd they are going for here. I'm a lifelong TrekNerd, having watched Star Trek literally as long as I can remember. I grew up on the Original Series, and watched Next Gen, DS9, Voyager, and even ST:Enterprise. I saw every movie in the theater from Wrath of Kahn onward (not counting the JJtrek "Space Voyage" movies). They ruined Trek for me. At least, they can't "George Lucas" the old shows and ruin them, as I have the DVDs Next Gen, DS9, and part of Voyager.

I thought ST:Enterprise was trending badly from the first episode, with the excessive use of 'eye candy.' Yes, Jolene Blalock was easy to look at, but they ruined her character by using her for cheap scenes of smearing 'decontamination jelly' on her as she only wore her undies, and the story arc where she gave 'sex therapy' to one of the crew who had PTSD. They were apparently trying to get the "Lonely/Horny Nerd At Home" demographic or something. I didn't like it. At least, one could always depend on family-friendly standards, as the worst ST had was a couple mild oaths and maybe a little bit of graphic violence.

Now, excuse me, I have to yell at the neighbor kids to get off my lawn. . . Cool

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
CBS is currently offering 30 days free for CBS All Access. I signed up, will watch Season 1 of Picard, and then cancel within 29 days.

Thanks for the tip.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
The rumor is that they are offering CBS All Access for free to up their subscriber count. If they get enough people to sign up, even if they quit before the free trial is over, they will renew ST:Picard for a second season.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
The rumor is that they are offering CBS All Access for free to up their subscriber count. If they get enough people to sign up, even if they quit before the free trial is over, they will renew ST:Picard for a second season.

But according to the SJWs, Picard was renewed for Season 2 before the show aired. Mind you, they send you to a report that says they were approved for a grant for filming in LA. Roll Eyes

quote:
I thought ST:Enterprise was trending badly from the first episode.

Give Enterprise a try at Season 4. They did have a budget cut they got around by making multiple 2-3 part episodes to spread costs out, but most importantly, they let Manny Coto run the show and it finally became a prequel show that it should have been in the first place. There were some stinkers, but it’s well worth the watch.

Just forget the “series finale” written by the original show runners. They’ve gone on record admitting the f’ed up and apologized. It’s still better than the garbage that STD and Alex Kurtzman call Star Trek, but that’s saying chlamydia is better than herpes...

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

Give Enterprise a try at Season 4. They did have a budget cut they got around by making multiple 2-3 part episodes to spread costs out, but most importantly, they let Manny Coto run the show and it finally became a prequel show that it should have been in the first place. There were some stinkers, but it’s well worth the watch.

I truly enjoyed the Xindi story arc. It seems that ST series take 2-3 years to get into gear. Therefore, I watch TNG Season 3-7, DS9 4-7, Voyager 6-7, and I like the last 2 seasons of ENT. And, yes, that season finale really sucked.

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
TNG is an outlier because of all the nasty production problems and politics behind the scenes. Watch “Chaos On The Bridge” on Netflix where William Shatner interviews a lot of the people involved.

For the rest, since they never truly had a fresh new writer’s room as when one show finished, the writer’s jumped to the next one. Each time they did that, it seemed like they forgot they weren’t writing for a NEW show. Season 1 of DS9 was horrible in that regard because TNG stories were completely out of place.

It’s also been coming out that UPN was one of the big reason why Voyager was “TNG-Light” as they vetoed a lot of the “riskier” ideas. Berman and Braga wanted to make “Year of Hell” an entire season, but were told no because people would get confused. I don’t understand why they couldn’t make it 5 or 6 episodes like the Hirogen arc, but they weren’t able to do that until the ENT S3 when the ratings flatlined and they needed SOMETHING to keep or get interest.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
7of9 is still hot.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
7of9 is still hot.

True but why is she holding hands with Raffi during the ending scenes?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
7of9 is still hot.

Galactic diversity? Plus, resistance is futile, Raffi or not.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
7of9 is still hot.

Galactic diversity? Plus, resistance is futile, Raffi or not.

lololololololololololol

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm only partway through the season, but wasn't it implied in the Freecloud episode that Seven and the moneylender lady had a prior romantic relationship that went bad?

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'm only partway through the season, but wasn't it implied in the Freecloud episode that Seven and the moneylender lady had a prior romantic relationship that went bad?

Don't think so. Seven is a Fenris Ranger who have placed Bajayzl (the one holding Maddox on Freecloud) high up on their wanted list because she butchers ex-Borg for parts. To get Maddox they tempt Bajayl with something she really wants, namely Seven of Nine, I suspect because she has been leading the Ranger hunt for her. That said it did appear they have had prior run-ins which didn't sound all that friendly.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
I really thought they would find a way to bring Data back but that was a pretty good ending for him. Will be interesting to see what season 2 is about

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I really didn't like the final 15 mins of the season finale. Such utter feel-good garbage.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Since I will never see this show, can somebody give a brief rundown on what this series is about?