SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Picard is back...
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picard is back... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
At the same time, the rebooted movie franchise may be dying.

Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth 'Star Trek 4' Future In Doubt as Talks Fall Through

I really dislike the new Captain Kirk anyway but I don't see how they can continue the franchise without him and I don't think they can recast him.

QT is directing the next Star Trek movie and says it will be like Pulp Fiction in space.

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2...ulp-fiction-in-space

I just don't see his style and Star Trek going together. But maybe we will find out what they call a quarter pounder with cheese on Vulcan....

- "This town reminds me of something in the bible."
- "Which part?"
- "The part right before god gets angry"

Posts: 9078 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Damn, I wish it wasn't behind CBS's paywall... I'd like to at least give it a chance.

https://youtu.be/KbXy0f0aCN0

What is with Data's eyes?! They couldn't replicate (heh) the original contact lenses Spiner wore?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 16349 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ok I thought Discovery looked like crap from day one. Nothing about it makes me want to give it a chance. NOTHING.

All that being said....wow Picard looks WAY better then I anticipated. Like WAY WAY WAY better.

I might give this one a shot. Paywall or not.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 4258 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
What is with Data's eyes?! They couldn't replicate (heh) the original contact lenses Spiner wore?
That's not Data, that's B4. Data got blown to bits of stardust along with the Scimitar. The one playing cards with him could be his hologram. That said, something's definitely off with Brent Spiner's puffy left cheek. Perhaps he's hitting the dip a little too hard. Big Grin

What's with the older 2360-70 era SF uniforms from early DS9 and Voyager? They switched to all grey and black with division color undershirt and cuffs since First Contact. Wardrobe department couldn't find any from storage?

Posts: 2201 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Oops, I incorrectly named the character. I was even thinking about B4 when they showed the individual body parts in the drawer. Additionally, I looked up images of B4 from The Next Generation and, sure enough, he has those same hideous eyes. So I retract my statement.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 16349 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I’m calling it now: The young brunette who Picard says is so dangerous, in the trailer, is his daughter and her mother is the Borg queen.

Posts: 10619 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I love Picard, but I'm not ponying up for yet another streaming service. Especially for just one show.

This ^^^^^

Got Netflix, Amazon Prime, OAN, and a DVR subscription for OTA recording. +-$30/mo. Ain't spendin' no more on TV. Period.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
The dominant media is no more "mainstream" than leftists are liberals.

Posts: 15943 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Something else quite interesting about CBS All Ass and Kurtzman is where they got the premise for Picard.

They already stole the Tartigrade from STD from a point-and-click game of Steam that has landed in a lawsuit. It wouldn't surprise me that any of the twats that work for Kurtzman wouldn't run away with this. Had Bryan Fuller not gotten kicked out, we'd probably be raving about two new Star Trek series.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post