SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dan Carlin Hardcore History - NEW Episode!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dan Carlin Hardcore History - NEW Episode! Login/Join 
posted
I know many members are big fans of Carlin's podcasts and for his most popular channel, he's got a new 6-hour epic. Haven't listened to it yet but, looking forward to it.

The Celtic Holocaust

https://itunes.apple.com/us/po...i=1000390870682&mt=2

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I just downloaded it earlier today. I love Harcore History, but I've been jonesing for some new content for a while. It's been 6 months since his last episode!

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Caught the 1st hour driving home.
Not his best so far, but it's still early.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Thanks to the recommendations of some of the fine members here I learned about Dan Carlin's podcasts last Winter and was tearing through them...until I hit the King of Kings episodes. He seemed to get a little long-winded on this episode, at least as far as I've been able to get so far, and seems to have strayed off the focus and gotten into the weeds with this one, and the difficult names and places don't help...BUT I am determined to eventually get through this episode.

Looking forward to the Celtic Holocaust episode.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Love his stuff. Dan Carlin is a freaking American treasure.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Whoa. I just learned something. I need to check out Dan Carlin

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I'm about to finish the WWI episodes. Blueprint for Armageddon. Should be required in school.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I'm about to finish the WWI episodes. Blueprint for Armageddon. Should be required in school.

Agreed. I listen to his podcasts when I'm at the gym. I'm really able to focus on the story that way without interruptions. Really enjoy his work.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Yeah, agreed on him being a treasure and the education systems could learn a thing or two from him. I'm going to have to read up on him, was he a teacher?

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
Caught the 1st hour driving home.
Not his best so far, but it's still early.

I'm just finishing up. You're right; it's not one of his better episodes. Still interesting, though.

quote:
Originally posted by pwelch001:
I'm going to have to read up on him, was he a teacher?

Nope. He has a degree in History, but he describes himself as "a fan of history - not a historian".

He started out as a TV reporter, and later moved into working for many years as a radio talk show host on a few different shows focusing on politics/current events. He eventually transitioned that into doing podcasts. He now has two podcasts that he produces as his full-time job. One's about politics/current events called "Common Sense", with the other being "Hardcore History" which is more of a hobby/labor of love.

But I'll agree that he'd make an outstanding college history professor. I took a number of history classes in college (I considered majoring in History, but decided to leave it as just a hobby), and while I had some excellent professors, none were as entertaining, passionate, and accessible as Dan.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post