SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Queen- What does this song remind you of?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Queen- What does this song remind you of? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
Songs have various meanings to different people, or they associate songs with things. My daughter and I were discussing this song today, and we both came up the same thing. When you hear this song, what do you think of?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
without question... The night I saw this movie with a group of friends in San Jose before I moved away from the area.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/thyJOnasHVE

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Muppets!

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Radioman: Yep.

That movie scene led to a re-discovery of Queen for several generations.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Second semester, my plebe year at West Point.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I remember a friend of mine who is a decent guitarist trying unsuccessfully to play that guitar solo over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again.................

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tits. Firm tits.

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Yeah, muppets. I've probably heard that version more than the original.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Sitting in the basement bedroom of a cousins house and hearing it for the first time - and being AMAZED.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
High school. I added it to a CD mix i made and then played it way too much.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Clyde Barrow / Warren Beatty.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
MTV

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a quarter pound ,85% lean broiled hamburger,
w/K,M,p,o,L ,bacon .

1/3 cup of coleslaw, 1/2 cup of fresh cold watermelon, a cob of sweet corn.

a liter of Kirkland cold Lemonade

sitting on a small hill overlooking a lake next to a willow tree .

on a 75 degree day with my best friend forever

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The first time that I can remember hearing this song was in a math class in the 6th or 7th grade. The teacher brought in a cassette or radio and announced 'this is the best song ever' or something like that. No idea about why he decided to foist it on us excepting that he really really liked it. Damn that was otherwise a punishingly boring experience, the math class. Good fun song but lacking logic in the details.
So my associated memory is quite unhip... Texas, heat, math, puzzlement.

Freddie Mercury was born in India as Farukh Balsur. Heck of a change-up. Check out the BBC program.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mr kablammo,

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
This song reminds me that Queen had so many great songs that I can't imagine why this is their most popular one. Even "Another One Bites the Dust" is superior.

Please tell us, jljones, what you and your daughter thought.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It reminds me to switch the station. I like Queen and Freddy, but not this song.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I was reading about the production of the album 'A Night at the Opera' and according to the engineers that worked on it, Bohemian Rhapsody took almost three weeks for that one track to be completed, and at the time was the most expensive song ever recorded

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Please tell us, jljones, what you and your daughter thought.

Wayne and Garth, of course. Big Grin

"If you're going to spew, spew in this"

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Back when I was 13 - 14 (~1987 - 1988) I was friends with someone who was 4 years older than me. He had a 72 Buick Skylark that he got from a little old lady. Absolutely mint condition. He painted it metallic blue with aluminum mag wheels. We used to drive around aimlessly for hours and hours on end listening to Queen's Greatest hits on his Pioneer Super Tuner. Good times.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post