SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New series of NBC's Law & Order will be about a hate crime task force
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New series of NBC's Law & Order will be about a hate crime task force Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
A politically correct Law and Order ? Roll Eyes

I got burned out on the whole law and order thing years ago.

The latest series of NBC's Law & Order will focus on hate crime which will 'shine a light on victims and show that justice can prevail,' says boss Dick Wolf.

NBC's Law & Order franchise is adding what the network calls a 'relevant' and 'extremely timely' spinoff inspired by the work of the New York City Police Department Hate Crime Task Force.

While the network announced on Tuesday that it has ordered 13 episodes of Law & Order: Hate Crimes, a debut date has not yet been announced.

The fictional version of New York City Police Department's task force will be introduced in the upcoming 20th season of sister program Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

Wolf, 71, said: 'As with all of my crime shows, I want to depict what's really going on in our cities and shine a light on the wide-ranging victims and show that justice can prevail.

'Twenty years ago when SVU began, very few people felt comfortable coming forward and reporting these crimes.

'But when you bring the stories into people's living rooms – with characters as empathetic as Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) – a real dialogue can begin.

'That's what I hope we can do with this new show in a world where hate crimes have reached an egregious level.'

Lisa Katz, co-president of scripted programming, NBC Entertainment,said: 'Considering that last year there was a double-digit rise in hate crimes in our 10 largest cities – the highest total in over a decade – it seemed like this topic is begging to be explored.'

'As SUV enters its remarkable 20th season, it is exciting to get back into business with Dick Wolf on a new Law & Order incarnation that feels extremely timely,' she added.

Set in New York City, the series will feature an elite, specially trained team of investigators dedicated to bringing perpetrators of crimes motivated by discrimination to justice.

Warren Leight, Dick Wolf's co-creator and executive producer of Law & Order: Hate Crimes, said: 'I'm extremely impressed by the actual men and women investigating these cases in a city as complicated and diverse as New York.

'The work they are doing puts them on the front lines in a battle for the soul of our city and nation. I'm thrilled about the chance to reunite with Dick and NBC to portray the reality of this crisis.'

Tracey Pakosta, co-president of scripted programming, NBC Entertainment added: 'We're confident that Dick and Warren will examine these cases in all their complexity and deliver another riveting series for our country, currently grappling with an escalation of these crimes and the motivations behind them.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...rime-task-force.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nero
posted Hide Post
No

nero

Posts: 4639 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
They could start by investigating NBC

Posts: 13232 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Gee, I wonder who the majority of perpetrators will look like?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Too bad. I liked the original series. This will be a shit show of PCness

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Tito Puente's gonna be dead, and you're gonna say, "Oh, I've been listening to him for years, and I think he's fabulous."

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
You mean they aren't gong to do Law and Order, petty white collar crimes unit next?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Putting Baby in a corner is a hate crime.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
All the "Law and Order" variants lost me long ago. The formula is old, tired. Worn out.

I have watched much since Jerry Orbach quit.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks like the thought police have their own show now.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Want to bet just how slanted that show is going to be?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barf

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
never been able to get through a single episode - the 'new' stuff looks more like the 'old' stuff with a twist for the worse

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
A politically correct Law & Order? You are repeating yourself.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
The idea of this is hilarious. I doubt there is any large city in America (since all of them are Dimocrap controlled) that has the resources to have a "Hate Crime Task Force".......I mean they don't even have enough detectives for Homicide, Robbery, Car Jacking, Car Theft, and Fugitive Task Forces. Really, they have been adding Patrol Officers to these task forces to get the manpower up to where they can actually do the job.

If such a unit existed, it would be manned by house cats (house cats are officers/detectives who are given a special assignments so they never have to see the street or leave the station) and the clearance rate would be in the single digits.

Hmmm........I have an idea, lets have Law & Order: House Cats Unit. They could show the connected house cat officers in their natural environment working with prosecutors who refuse to issue cases. Get the audience to connect with the victim and then see it all go wrong from bad police work to horrible prosecutors. People watching would go into Hulk like rages. That would be gripping must see TV.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
You guys trashing the idea sound like you might have some hate-opinions.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9152 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
You guys trashing the idea sound like you might have some hate-opinions.

That's episode one.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can see it now on the opening of the first show.
Announcer: "If you don't watch this show your guilty of a HATE crime,----BANG,BANG.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Years ago, SNL did a parody named "Law & Order: Parking Violations Unit"

I am waiting for the network to pick up the option on that one.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post