SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Willie Nelson I never cared for you
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Willie Nelson I never cared for you Login/Join 
posted
Beautiful. Just in case someone needed this today.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
What an American treasure he is. It'll be sad when he's gone. I hope his guitar gets a display at the Smithsonian.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
First saw him live about 40 years ago and several times since. Always a great show. Yes, he's a classic.

Jerry Jeff Walker is right up there too!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
There is no one like Willie. He is a wonderful songwriter and performer.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to his music, I have always admired the man. He has made a lot of money for other artists either deceased or past their prime by recording their songs or doing duet albums with them. He is an American treasure .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
While I absolutely agree, let's not overlook Emmylou here. And if I remember correctly, this video is part of a Wim Wenders doc. Tremendous all around.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Love that voice and songwriting.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Pulled out one of my early Willie albums yesterday. It was strange to see him in jacket and tie with a crew cut.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Well it's Friday and you've just set the tone for the whole day

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holger Danske:
While I absolutely agree, let's not overlook Emmylou here. And if I remember correctly, this video is part of a Wim Wenders doc. Tremendous all around.

Yessir. Emmylou is a treasure in her own right. Props to Willie's sister Bobbie on piano. And our boy, Mickey Raphael...maybe my favorite harp player.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I don't use the term icon very often.....Willie is truely an icon.

He is on my top 10 to share a drink with, with the Duke, Cary Grant.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Been a fan for 40 years. I've spent the last year or so hitting the used record stores picking up mint albums for $5 or $10. Excellent recordings.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1365 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I keep coming back to this thread and replaying that song. Beautifully done.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post