SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mummy - Dead on Arrival - save your time and money
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mummy - Dead on Arrival - save your time and money Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I saw it, wasn't expecting much. But I liked it.

Posts: 474 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
He doesn't have much range. Plus, he is a dwarf

This cracked me up.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They should have remade the Adam West batman thing and Cruise could have done a very respectable Robin.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
Last good Tom Cruise movie?

**crickets**

Edge of Tomorrow, but then I generally like his movies (stupid ol' unsophisticated me).

You also got to see them kill Tom's character over and over in that film. Wink

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I lost it when he got ran over by the truck.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I actually think Cruise improved with age, didn't like his earlier films (Risky Business, Top Gun, etc.) He has a bit more range than given credit for, but then I think a lot of "great" actors basically play themselves nowadays (De Niro, Depp, Pacino, etc.). Hell, I love John Wayne, but the guy played the same character for decades.

Sure, recent Cruise films have been less than stellar at the box office, but all have made boat loads of money overseas, where Cruise is still an enormous star. I thought Edge of Tomorrow and Obilvion were good movies, I enjoyed them. I'm a fan of Lee Child's books, but I thought Jack Reacher was a decent action movie.

One thing about Cruise; he may have been bat shit crazy a decade ago in some media appearances, but he has remained pretty sane in the past 10 years. He has kept politics out of his public image, and by all accounts is one the hardest working "stars" on set, working well with cast and crew. The guy makes shitloads of movies nowadays, and perhaps he knows the clock is ticking.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post