SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Do you expect me to talk?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you expect me to talk? Login/Join 
posted
No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!

Gotta be one of the all-time great movie lines. I laugh every time.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I used to work with a guy where we'd run the Bond/Goldfingah dialogue at least once a day. Either that or exchanges from Top Gun.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16337 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Favorite Goldfinger scene: JB flips a dude into a bathtub and tosses an electric heater in after him.
"Shocking"

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
Hugo Drax from Moonraker cracked me up.

“James Bond. You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season.”

“ Mr. Bond, you defy all my attempts to plan an amusing death for you.”

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are so many great lines/scenes. They built quite an empire on Bond. And it's still going strong; people wait for the next installment more than five decades later.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Most wrong Bond line. “That’s a Smith and Wesson and you’ve had your six.”

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Daniel Graig was not the best Bond, but I can never get enough of Eva Green.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bond is a product of the cold war, just like Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.

These franchises will have trouble finding their way since the cold war is over,...

... or is it?

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching. Oddjob. Gotta love him. What a fun character, even though a small role. Amazing grace in motion for a heavy-set man. Interesting guy; look up Harold Sakata.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My favorite one-liner: "I let him go."

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I stopped watching Bond movies after they exhausted the Fleming novels for story lines. My favorite (book and movie) was On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Casting Diana Rigg for the movie didn't hurt. Smile

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Timothy Dalton was the best Bond for me. I felt his portrayal was closest to Fleming’s Bond.

“I’ve had a few optional extras installed”

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoinRoller:

+1000

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16337 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Yep. That's the scene. I laughed again just now.

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That is a great line, and delivered perfectly! Smile

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Most wrong Bond line. “That’s a Smith and Wesson and you’ve had your six.”

And that’s because they didn’t change the dialogue in the script from the book. In the book the bad guy actually had a Smith & Wesson revolver.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
Timothy Dalton was the best Bond for me. I felt his portrayal was closest to Fleming’s Bond.

“I’ve had a few optional extras installed”

I agree. He is not my favorite, but he was a good Bond. He tried to bring the harder edge to the role like Craig did.

Brosnan wasn't bad as Bond, but the movies were just so awful there was no overcoming the terrible storylines.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Roger Moore had a goood line in The Man with the Golden Gun...

Bond returns having dealt with the murderous Nick Nack]
Goodnight: Oh, James. You didn't!
James Bond: Yes, I damn well did!

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoinRoller:

YES.

BTW, Google is your friend. Cool

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post