SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jerry Douglas, Mike Auldridge, and Rob Ickes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jerry Douglas, Mike Auldridge, and Rob Ickes Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted

I have been a great fan of Jerry Douglas since the 1970's, and also regularly watched the Seldom Scene perform at the Red Fox Inn in Bethesda with Mike Auldridge, again in the early 1970's. I love the sound of the Dobro, and it is too bad that most of the time you see Jerry he is with a group (like Alison Kraus and Union Station). He gets a small solo as part of the larger group on any given song. So, I was browsing Jerry's individual albums on my music subscription service, and came across this gem. Titled Three Bells, it is a collaboration among perhaps the three greatest Dobro players. It was cut during Mike's final months of his losing battle with cancer in 2012, but obviously he lost none of his touch on the Dobro. All of the instrumentation on the album is the three Dobros, unaccompanied by anyone else. It was released after his death as a tribute to Mike.

My favorite cut is I'm Using My Bible For a Roadmap:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze0KP-OTxVk

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I like it.

Posts: 7351 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post