SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Nash bridges, Thomas Magnum
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nash bridges, Thomas Magnum Login/Join 
posted
Liked 1911 guns.

anyone else that you can think of?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/9/9d/MV-SW645-3.jpg

http://magnum-mania.com/images/4_19_g_full.jpg

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54480 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
John Smith liked them so much, he carried two.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well,

There was Mike Franks from NCIS.

Posts: 1037 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Didn't Jesse Stone (Selleck) carry a 1911?

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon series Bosch, the character carries a 1911.

Also Jameson Parker in the TV Show Simon and Simon carried one off and on through the series.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Longmire carried one.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Didn't Jesse Stone (Selleck) carry a 1911?

Looks like a 1911-style to me.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Joe Mantegna in Criminal Minds carries one, but then he's a real life gun guy.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3427 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Humphrey Bogart.

Maltese Falcon

Key Largo

High Sierra

Casablanca

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16596 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Another reel life 1911 guy...

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1975 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Brother Mouzone: I see you favor a .45.

Omar: Tonight I do. And I keeps one in the chamber, in case you ponderin'. Nice show piece you got there.

Omar Little, "The Wire"

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a dumb show, but it qualifies for this quiz. Stacey Keach played "Mike Hammer", carried a Colt 1911 that he called "Betsy".

Oh, and those 1911s Humphrey Bogart used in "The Maltese Falcon"...

He got them from the crippled newsie who took them from The Gunsel, also known as Elisha Cook Jr.:

The gun he uses in "Casablanca" is a 1903 Colt, not a 1911.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9123 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
one pops up every now and then in Peaky Blinders,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Marv and his 1911 "Gladys" from "Sin City"

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Emily Procter in CSI: Miami. (Bleah.)

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the tv series Starsky and Hutch, Starsky carried a 1911.

On the TV show the A-team, George Peppard's character carried one.

In the TV show Miami Vice, Sonny carried a .45 ACP Detonics Combat-Master backup gun in an ankle holster.

Chuck Norris in the movie Long Wolf McQuade carried a 1911.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
...On the TV show the A-team, George Peppard's character carried one...

Nope. S&W nickeled 39 or 59, though never identified for sure. I remember it being a 59, but IMDBGuns said it could have been later versions of the 59.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9123 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love that little addition with Marv and Gladys in Sin City. Paul M. Glaser (Starsky) carried one on the show Starsky and Hutch which was one of my favorite shows growing up. Hondo carried one in the original SWAT.

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Steven Segal immediately comes to mind...he prefers them on and off screen.

Posts: 1050 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Actually, Starsky carried a S&W 59 and Chuck Norris carried a nickeled S&W N frame revolver in Lone Wolf McQuade, I believe it was a model 57.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post