SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Nash bridges, Thomas Magnum
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nash bridges, Thomas Magnum Login/Join 
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Capt. Miller blew up a Panzer with his.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Gibbs on NCIS seems to like his 1911 while everyone else on his team uses a SIG.

Well, agency regulations are more like "suggestions" when it comes to Gibbs.

Actually, the real NCIS has a broad personally owned weapons policy that a few years ago included 1911s.

That is good to know. I think more agencies should allow people to use what they shoot best.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Jim Gordon on Gotham seems partial to 1911s.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
The Phantom carries two 1911s.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Key Largo

That’s a Colt 1903 or 1908.

Parker and Longbaugh in The Way of The Gun sure liked 1911’s, in 9mm. Then you’ve got your Walter Sobchak and Walter Kowalski.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Walt Longmire

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James Caan in Thief. Great Michael Mann movie.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Then you’ve got your Walter Sobchak...

quote:
...and Walter Kowalski.

Because pictures. Razz
Kind of a classic film pose, looks like.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post

Ben Stiller as David Starsky, from "Starsky & Hutch"

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
John Travolta as Vincent Vega, in "Pulp Fiction."

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Gene Hackman as Brill, in "Enemy of the State."

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Sam (robert deniro) in Ronin used a 1911 at the bridge scene. But also had a P series Sig later.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stallone likes them in The Expendables franchise. He seems to carry no extra magazines for his rifle but about 70 for his Kimbers.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
last night in one of the first Magnum p.i.'s,
Thomas pulled the trigger on his forty five while it was pointed at the ceiling and THEN racked the slide to chamber a round

Eek

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:

That's got to be a toy, there's no way that clown's hands are that big. That's a Glock 42 sized 1911 right there.

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:

That's got to be a toy, there's no way that clown's hands are that big. That's a Glock 42 sized 1911 right there.

Browning .380?

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Imfdb.org says it's an RIA Commander with 70's series Colt grips. I guess Ben Stiller's got bigger hands than I thought.

Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
A couple comes to mind. The easy one is Jack Ryan shooting the sub saboteur in Hunt for Red October. Love any footage of a 1911 shooting in slo-mo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kaBIMuW74Q
Go to the 50ish second mark.

The second one is a little tougher. It's been a while since I've watched it, but I'm pretty sure Bond uses a 1911 to shoot a bad guy in his room in Dr. No. I think he over powered a different bad guy and took his gun. He sits in that chair by the door. Bad guy walks in and he plugs him real good. There are a lot of scenes in that movie where he sits in that chair with a gun in his hand, so don't let that confuse us. Big Grin I have the movie I'll try and get a screen shot.

This is the chair I mentioned but not the scene I mentioned.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3810 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post