New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alone Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted
I really liked watching the first three seasons, I actually could not wait to see who tapped out each week.

And now they go and ruin a good thing, I am still not sure how it can be called Alone when they are now in teams of two, one is dropped off to setup the camp/homestead and the other (family member) is dropped off miles away and has to find the family member via a compass.

They still have to survive, but they are not alone any longer.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
I really liked watching the first three seasons, I actually could not wait to see who tapped out each week.

And now they go and ruin a good thing, I am still not sure how it can be called Alone when they are now in teams of two, one is dropped off to setup the camp/homestead and the other (family member) is dropped off miles away and has to find the family member via a compass.

They still have to survive, but they are not alone any longer.

Its two family members......Just think what that long Thanksgiving weekend is like being around your family. Eek

Most people will watching waiting to see a domestic assault or murder.

It is going to be interesting; they have to gather enough shelter, water, food for two. What happens when one gets lazy/tired/sick?

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Just trying to add a little more drama to it.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Just think back at all the contestants that tapped because they missed human contact. These teams have a real possibilities to stay out there much much longer than previous winners. Trying to find each other is rather dumb, most survivalist can use a compass fairly easy.

Archerman check the size of that avatar its HUGESmile

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Just think back at all the contestants that tapped because they missed human contact. These teams have a real possibilities to stay out there much much longer than previous winners. Trying to find each other is rather dumb, most survivalist can use a compass fairly easy.

Archerman check the size of that avatar its HUGESmile

I would but it is on photobucket and I cannot get into it, to modify it since they are down all the time.

And weird it has changed sizes it has been there for years.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Well the Alone (lost and found) series is over, I watched all 10 episodes, congrats to the winners.

But I still think it should be put back to the original format, Alone is well ALONE.

Archerman

Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I've watched all the season and this one as the worst by far. They should do another season but actually be alone and have it in a jungle somewhere.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Season 5 in Mongolia is back to the original format (at least the part about being alone and not in teams). Will be interesting to see what they do differently now that they've been through it before.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Slight SPOILER ALERT

I was surprised to see a tap out so soon, but watching it on tv is a lot different than being there, but glad it’s back to the original format.

Archerman

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
What's with the breathing sound all the time? It's really annoying.

Other than that, we enjoy the show. Cracks me up all the people wasting time making boats.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Just watch Season 7 if you want to see how it’s done. It will take you about 30 seconds to pick the winner and watching him absolutely dominate the season was a lot of fun.

To add…my favorite tap-out by far was the Army guy in one of the earlier seasons who talked mass-trash to his buddies and then tapped-out when he thought he heard/saw/imagined a black bear. No Joke, I don’t think the boat was even back to base after dropping him off when he hit the button.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like watching while I’m eating.

Posts: 31 | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post