SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Watching Marvel movies with kids
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watching Marvel movies with kids Login/Join 
posted
Ok, I'm godparent to my best friend's boys (6 & 9) and they've never seen any of the superhero movies. Their parents don't let them watch much television and they don't hit the movies much, however as they've gotten older, the reins are loosening not to mention the peer pressure at school to know about these movies is growing. The 6 year old just likes big things and big noises but, the 9 year was asking a lot of questions after a birthday party he went to. SO, as the fun uncle...which superhero movies should I start them off with?

I was thinking..
1. Big Hero 6
2. Avengers
3. X-Men
4. Captain America
5. Thor

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Big Hero 6, definitely. The original X-Men movie is action-packed enough while not being overtly graphic with violence. Captain America is pretty much in the same boat and should be acceptable for the six year old.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Can we throw in a Spiderman?
Spidey is a kid, somewhat. Something to relate to.

I like the X-men but I think there's too much relation ship crap going on compared to the others. But I wouldn't rule them out.

Ironman is another of my favorites I prefer over Avengers. But its all fun.

I think they are all WIN and envy the opportunity to see it w/ them as their first time.

ETA: The Incredibles?

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
ETA: The Incredibles?

They've seen it and one of my favorites. Can't wait for the sequel.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post