SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Big Bang Theory To End After 12th Season (Next Year)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Bang Theory To End After 12th Season (Next Year) Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I thought that was an excellent ending.

Did anybody see the episode of "Young Sheldon" that followed it? I normally don't watch that show, but I think we just left the TV running as we were doing other stuff.

They had a scene where Sheldon was all alone in his garage listening to the Nobel Prize announcement on a borrowed short wave radio. The lead up had him trying to get other kids to join him in what he considered to be a momentous occasion. Of course, nobody did. He was there listening to the radio all alone. It then showed scenes of the other cast - Howard, Raj, Penny, etc, all doing their own stuff as 10 yr old kids (Leonard listening to the Nobel announcement, Howard playing video games getting yelled at by his mother, Amy reading Little House, etc). It basically showed that Sheldon is all alone now, but he wouldn't always be.

It was very well done. Other shows could take a LOT of good notes on how they ended this one.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Did anybody see the episode of "Young Sheldon" that followed it? I normally don't watch that show, but I think we just left the TV running as we were doing other stuff.

They had a scene where Sheldon was all alone in his garage listening to the Nobel Prize announcement on a borrowed short wave radio. The lead up had him trying to get other kids to join him in what he considered to be a momentous occasion. Of course, nobody did. He was there listening to the radio all alone. It then showed scenes of the other cast - Howard, Raj, Penny, etc, all doing their own stuff as 10 yr old kids (Leonard listening to the Nobel announcement, Howard playing video games getting yelled at by his mother, Amy reading Little House, etc). It basically showed that Sheldon is all alone now, but he wouldn't always be.

It was very well done. Other shows could take a LOT of good notes on how they ended this one.

Yep, thought that one was very well done also!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Yep, thought that one was very well done also!

Agreed.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I thought the final episode was just OK, hilarious that the damn elevator finally got fixed.

This show jumped the shark and went way downhill after all the formerly single characters settled down into normal life and it really lost a lot of what made it funny at that point.

I stopped watching 3 years ago and watched the final episode out of curiosity.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the final episode. The last season - not so much.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I thought the last few seasons, 10 & 11, in particular, had become significantly less interesting. But ISTM the show got much of its mojo back in this last season. I found myself looking forward to Thursday nights again.

I thought the series finale very well done, esp. with the following Young Sheldon tie-in.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post