SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Backwards Compatibility on Xbox One
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backwards Compatibility on Xbox One Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
Here is the website.

I just noticed a couple that I am going to dig out of the old bin and load into my xbox one:
  • Knights of the Old Republic
  • CoD Modern Warfare 3
  • The original Star Wars Battlefront

Any of you guys playing these older games on the new console?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my KOTOR 1&2 discs out and played the first one again. Not sure if the second one is on the list yet but I’d like to play it. Wouldn’t mind playing Jedi Academy again. Might have to play some Oblivion too I loved that game.

If you’ve never played XCOM and like a challenging game, that’s a good one to play from last gen.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes, I played KOTOR 1 & 2, great games.

Why the hell isn't the TOR and KOTOR 3 on the menu for consoles??? WHY????

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The original Battlefront and Battlefront 2 are better than the current versions. The current version have better graphics, sure, but the modes and game play are better on the originals

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ha funny you should mention. I started up a Fallout New Vegas game yesterday.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an Xbox one S, I think it is. I went through the initial start up and played one game, it would not let me save it. When I tried to play it later, I could not even play it, cause it told me my password was wrong?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a one S and have had no problems. I am a PlayStation guy but wanted a system downstairs and wanted some variety.

Other than the GUI being abysmal it’s been a solid system. Replayed Fallout 4, played Farcry 5 and now New Vegas. No issues to speak of beyond normal game bugs and the horrid interface.

I THINK I like the Xbox controller better or at least equally for different reasons.

All in all I will stick primarily to PS4 but I have been happy with my XBone S.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
I got an Xbox one S, I think it is. I went through the initial start up and played one game, it would not let me save it. When I tried to play it later, I could not even play it, cause it told me my password was wrong?

There might be some parental lockouts enabled by default on a new machine. Look through the system settings and turn them off.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I recently picked up a one S and have had no problems. I am a PlayStation guy but wanted a system downstairs and wanted some variety.

Other than the GUI being abysmal it’s been a solid system. Replayed Fallout 4, played Farcry 5 and now New Vegas. No issues to speak of beyond normal game bugs and the horrid interface.

I THINK I like the Xbox controller better or at least equally for different reasons.

All in all I will stick primarily to PS4 but I have been happy with my XBone S.

Xbox has always had the better overall controller shape but the face buttons are junk. Only thing I’ll buy a PS4 for is Last of Us 2 and it will be a used one when they’re down to $200.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The PS4 pro has better graphics than Xbox one or Xbone S. However, the Xbone X is equal to the PS4 Pro.

I prefer the Xbox controller, but still like the PS controller. You can make your own custom Xbox controller which is pretty cool.