SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite British TV series?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite British TV series? Login/Join 
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted
I have always liked British TV series - some of my favorite were Dr. Who, Space 1999, Blackadder, Monty Python, Foyles War, Red Dwarf...

What's your favorite?

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Tough to pick just one, but it would probably be Sherlock.

Other favorites include:
Strike Back
Luther
Outlander
Parade's End
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Monty Python, I Claudius, and Inspector Morse come to mind although there are many others.

If you subscribe to BritBox you'll discover a whole bunch of other goodies.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The young ones" back in the 80's. It was on MTV Sunday nights.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Fawlty Towers

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Four, actually: Chef, Poirot, Doc Martin and Father Brown.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Are You Being Served?

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I used to really like All Creatures Great and Small

Also watched Upstairs Downstairs

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Ashes To Ashes
Being Human

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Top Gear (Clarkson, May, Hammond vintage)
Fifth Gear
Downton Abbey
Absolutely Fabulous

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Top Gear (Clarkson, May, Hammond vintage)

Yup. That be at the top of my list. Though on the make believe side I did like watching Lovejoy and Inspector Morse.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Peep Show, stayed away from the most current seasons, IT Crowd, That Mitchell and Webb Look, just to name a few that may not have been mentioned.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Monty Python's Flying Circus

The Prisoner

UFO

Dr Who

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comedy, Black Adder. Hands down
Endeavor just beats out Luther for best crime drama.
Old topgear.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, c'mon! Nobody remembers The Avengers?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Ashes To Ashes
Being Human

I had to buy a region free DVD player and go to amazon uk to get Ashes to Ashes,

worth it too,

however , if you watch that series you need to watch Life on Mars first to get it,

as far as Brit Tv,
young ones,
python
doc martin (waiting on the last season to hit Netflix now)
lovejoy
luther,

and many others already mentioned,,,

also,, one of the best

MI5, even the movie (was on HBO not long ago)is good

caught most of a newer series call Spotless last year, that is good as well

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Benny Hill

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sherlock, Strikeback and old Top Gear are the extent of my BBC knowledge.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
There has never, ever been a show called "Dr Who"

it's DOCTOR Who

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Enemy at the Door was well done.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post