SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite British TV series?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite British TV series? Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
In no particular order:
Sherlock
Touching Evil
Inspector Morse
Cracker
Monty Python
Fawlty Towers
Second Sight
Coupling
Top Gear (Clarkson, Hammond, May)
Vicar of Dibley
Connections
Day the Universe Changed
Who's Line Is It Anyway?
Blackadder
Wire in the Blood

There's more.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Top Gear by a mile with the C,H,M cast.
Outlander was surprisingly good
Monty Python
IT Crowd

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I watch mostly British series and there are many.
Midsomer Murders
Foyle's War
Shetland
Brodchurch
Death in Paradise
Bletchey Circle
Sherlock but was very disappointed in the last season.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Day the Universe Changed

Finally available on DVD from Amazon, but at $99 I have to pass for now. It's absolutely brilliant.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
In no particular order...

Monty Python's Flying Circus
Fawlty Towers
The Avengers (Oh Mrs Peele!)
Detectorists
Foyles War
Downton Abbey

I was not at all interested in Downton until I watched it from the start, when the reran it. Yes. It was nothing more than a soap opera. But so very well done, with wonderful characters.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we are home on Saturday night we watch: As Time Goes By" with Judi Dench.

They are all re-runs but it is our show.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Monty Python

And Doc Martin is very enjoyable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Keeping Up Appearnaces" and "As Time Goes By" are worth some of my time.

Posts: 267 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:

Connections
Day the Universe Changed

Wire in the Blood

There's more.

3 very good shows,

wire in the blood is fantastic,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Oh, c'mon! Nobody remembers The Avengers?

I do...I have an autographed photo of Steed and Emma signed by Patrick Macnee himself! Along with The Avengers, I was absolutely in awe of Foyle's War when I got bored and tuned into PBS one day.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Tricks is the only one I care for just now.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Monty python
Ab Fab
Benny Hill
MI:5
Black Adder
The Vicar Of Darbly

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Marty Feldman's Comedy Machine.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Does Wheeler Dealers count?

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Top Gear

Sherlock

Shetland

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last of the Summer Wine

Also watch
Monty Python's Flying Circus
The original Doctor Who series
Fawlty Towers
Foot in the Grave
Benny Hill

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are You Being Served?
Keeping Up Appearances

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Here's a few that haven't been mentioned
Dave Allen at Large
Hammer House of Horror
Vicious

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife and I watch mostly British series and there are many.
Midsomer Murders
Foyle's War
Shetland
Broadchurch
Death in Paradise
Bletchley Circle
Sherlock but was very disappointed in the last season.

Similar to above, but would add:
- Inspector Lewis--favorite mystery
- Endeavour--second favorite
- Doc Martin--no politics, not intense
- Top Gear previous version, now jumped the shark

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
...Dave Allen at Large...

From a Dave Allen monologue:

An Irishman dies, and his two brothers are sitting up with him at his wake. The two are thirsty, the local pub is still open, but they can't leave the deceased alone, so they decide to bring him along. After all, he won't drink too much, they reason.

At the pub, they seat their brother between them, propping him up so he won't draw any notice, order three pints, then three more.

Soon the call of nature, and they aren't sure about leaving their brother, but think if they prop him up, he should be OK for a short time.

While they're gone, the Barman comes by and asks the Deceased if he wants another. Getting no response, he asks again, and when there is still no reply, the Barman nudges him, and he falls over onto the floor.

At just that moment, his brothers return to see the Barman standing over their dead brother on the floor, and cry out in shock.

The Barman stands away, and shouts to the brothers, "I wouldn't have hit him, but he pulled a gun on me!"

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post