SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite British TV series?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite British TV series? Login/Join 
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianC:
Too many to choose from. If I had to narrow it down:

Blackadder Goes Forth
Fawlty Towers
Monty Python
Sherlock

I forgot Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes and Inspector Morse.

And my favorite Dr. Who Companion:

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Secret Agent starring Patrick McGoohan.
Along with The Baron starring Steve Forrest.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

...I forgot Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes...

Watching Jeremy Brett play Holmes was nearly as good as reading the actual AC Doyle mysteries.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Oooooohhhhhh noooooooo, Mr. Bean.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BrianC:

And my favorite Dr. Who Companion:

Raise you:

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
My all time favorite was I Claudius. This thread reminded me of Danger UXB, I thought the series was great.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post