Find
Notify
Tools

Yes Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Has cheered me up for over 40 years. I love their music and they've always been great on stage, be it a large or a small venue.

Been a fan of The Who, Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Pink Floyd and other rock dinosaurs for decades at a time but today Yes is my must listen to and I recon 40 years is a lifetime.

Who's with me?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
“Do do do do do do doooo....”

My favorite Yes song. Brings me back to high school and playing D&D with my buddies in the library.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure they are at the top of my list of bands but they have a lot of good stuff and talented members. Many of their songs have stood the test of time.
The middle 60's and 70's had so many that are still worth listening to, even though tastes change over time.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm with you, Nicki! Yes and Tull are my favorite bands from the old era and still listen to them regularly. I've been fortunate to see both bands several times and watched them change and evolve over time. Music that really makes you think.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
My No. 2 behind only Rush.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I'm with you, Nicki! Yes and Tull are my favorite bands from the old era and still listen to them regularly. I've been fortunate to see both bands several times and watched them change and evolve over time. Music that really makes you think.

Both winners in my book.
The music I grew up listening to with my dad (I'm 32).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
With you big-time.

I got into Yes in the late 70's when I was about 12. They've been my favorite band since.

I've seen them many times over the years but without question the best show I ever saw, out of all the shows of all the performers I've ever been to, was the Reunion tour show when they played in the round. That was almost a religious experience.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reunion tour show when they played in the round.

I saw that show too....twice! It was great!!!

I also wanted to add that Yes was the first concert I ever attended. Relayer tour at the Boston Garden in 1974. In fact, it's almost the anniversary. Dec. 11, 1974.

https://www.facebook.com/yesth...8365/?type=3&theater

I also just noticed that Tales From Topographic Oceans was released today, in 1973.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I love Yes; as a kid, Fragile was one of my earliest "real" rock n roll albums, Roundabout sold me. I completely regret not seeing them live before Chris Squire passed. I still listen to Yes on a monthly basis.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I really like them too, saw them live in the late seventies. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I have never seen them live. I stumbled across them in the 80's so I was in the pop era when they did 90125 and Big Generator. To this day I love to listen to them and frankly, it is sublime. I just dont have a better word for them. Here is probably my favorite:

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I'm with you 0-0. I've been a big fan since 1971. Close to the Edge was my favorite album for a long time. I have seen them twice in 1974. Once in 1978,1980 and 2009. The first concert was on the Tales From Topographic Oceans tour and it was in quadrophonic sound. When Rick Wakeman got down on the synthesizer at the first of The Revealing Science Of God he blew my head apart, it was awesome. The whole band were just great musicians. When I saw them in 2009 Asia opened the show with Steve Howe on guitar, then he played with Yes. Still a great one.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Yes is good stuff. Big Generator is a great album.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Yes, and have since ‘71.
As a guitar player for over 45 years, I am continually amazed by Steve Howe and Chris Squire’s abilities. I hear something new every time I listen to their music.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Close to the Edge is one of my all time favourite albums.
I've loved Yes since I was a kid. My little brother is a professional musician and got to jam with Howe when he was on tour in Poland.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Huge fan for 30 years now. I was introduced to them in high school and the sound has just stuck with me.

Fragile is what got it started for me, but Going for the One really set the deep hook.

The one that means the most to me is Tormato because I found it in brand new in vinyl, pre-internet, when it was still out of print. Circus of Heaven is not nearly one of their most popular songs, but it has always stuck in my head and I just love the story it tells.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
I was never an explicit fan, though I liked their classic hits like "Owner of a Lonely Heart". However, the title song they made for "Homeworld", the computer game, is epic.

Posts: 2413 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't learn of Yes until the mid 80s.

They are on my playlist at work along with Kansas, Boston, Marshall Tucker Band etc..

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Been a YES fan since I was about 11 or 12...big brother listened to them, so that's how I got hooked. Who didn't air drum to Roundabout??? Big Grin Relayer and Close to the Edge...just pure musical GENIUS!! I cried the day Chris Squire passed away. We're ALL getting older. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post