SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Breaking Bad. What a crap of a show!! (Finished it STILL CRAP)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaking Bad. What a crap of a show!! (Finished it STILL CRAP) Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Still have not read any replies as I want no spoilers.
Just finished season 4 and it was gaining a bit of traction as being watchable to the point I would suggest it to others all that completely went with how Gus left the nursing home room.

That little twist/surprise was stupid.

Why would you let one thing you didn't like erase all the things you did like? If you enjoyed, you enjoyed. Isn't that worth something?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well gosh, that sounds wonderful.

You're not clued in to all that right away.

It's an amusing inversion of the 'meek guy finds himself and becomes a hero' theme. There's a lot of humor involved, but usually quite dark. IMO without the humor it wouldn't be really watchable.

"There's a lot of humor involved, but usually quite DARK. IMO without the humor it wouldn't be really watchable."

I watched all of it from the beginning to the end.

Sometimes I missed episodes, but I guess what drew me the most was that DARK humor you mentioned.

But, much of the series was real life.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
On a whim I picked up a used DVD set off of eBay. Mrs. Goat and I have watched it twice now. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think my 2 favorite lines are,
I am the one who knocks.
Say my name. You're Heisenberg. You're god damned right.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I just got done watching it for the 3rd time. I recorded the episodes from AMC over the last couple of Sundays. Even though I knew what was going to happen, it still was watchable. I don't understand any real criticism of the show, one of the best shows ever, IMO.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never watched a minute of it. Everyone has told me it's great and that I need to watch it.
Just doesn't interest me for some reason.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I have never watched a minute of it. Everyone has told me it's great and that I need to watch it.
Just doesn't interest me for some reason.

I thought the same thing too for the longest time. Then I watched the pilot and I was hooked. It was a hell of a ride through to the end. I look forward to watching it again sometime.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The subject matter on all fronts really turned me off, so I avoided it for several years. But I finally gave in and have watched it through several times now. I think It's one of the best things I've ever seen.

Heck I even decorated a USPSA stage around it a few years ago. Wink

A pre match photo before I put the bags of blue meth out. lol

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ That was my problem, too. Everything about Meth is gross and not interesting, to me. I deliberately avoided the show for a few years because of it. But then I watched it...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
And we finished it.
It had some good spots but not enough for me to say I liked it or suggest anyone watch it. I hated pretty much every character. Jessie was Ok but he was so wishy washy with no consistency. Badger and Skinny or whatever were terribly annoying.
Todd, what was with that guy. I kept calling him Mayberry his character just did not fit he shot the kid with no emotion just not fitting for his demeanor. They even called him Opie in the last episode so clearly they wanted him to be seen that way.

What the crap was with Marie and all the purple, Hank and his minerals??

The plane crash was ridiculously stupid.

About the only thing I liked that I thought was pretty good was Walt's confession.
I think I would have enjoyed the show's ending much better if they would have gone that way and Hank get investigated and maybe charges over how it ended for Hank.

Ohh well, you win some and you loose some now what to watch next??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
One of the better series out there. You'll get tired of the kid saying, "Mr White" if you binge watch ...

The ending is super-powerful!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What happened with episode 262?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
One of the better series out there. You'll get tired of the kid saying, "Mr White" if you binge watch ...

The ending is super-powerful!

You forgot "yo bitch"

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post