SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Breaking Bad. What a crap of a show!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaking Bad. What a crap of a show!! Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Still have not read any replies as I want no spoilers.
Just finished season 4 and it was gaining a bit of traction as being watchable to the point I would suggest it to others all that completely went with how Gus left the nursing home room.

That little twist/surprise was stupid.

Why would you let one thing you didn't like erase all the things you did like? If you enjoyed, you enjoyed. Isn't that worth something?

Posts: 8927 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well gosh, that sounds wonderful.

You're not clued in to all that right away.

It's an amusing inversion of the 'meek guy finds himself and becomes a hero' theme. There's a lot of humor involved, but usually quite dark. IMO without the humor it wouldn't be really watchable.

"There's a lot of humor involved, but usually quite DARK. IMO without the humor it wouldn't be really watchable."

I watched all of it from the beginning to the end.

Sometimes I missed episodes, but I guess what drew me the most was that DARK humor you mentioned.

But, much of the series was real life.

美しい犬

Posts: 4182 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1967Goat
posted Hide Post
On a whim I picked up a used DVD set off of eBay. Mrs. Goat and I have watched it twice now. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think my 2 favorite lines are,
I am the one who knocks.
Say my name. You're Heisenberg. You're god damned right.

Posts: 3762 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2010Challenger
posted Hide Post
I just got done watching it for the 3rd time. I recorded the episodes from AMC over the last couple of Sundays. Even though I knew what was going to happen, it still was watchable. I don't understand any real criticism of the show, one of the best shows ever, IMO.

Posts: 197 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never watched a minute of it. Everyone has told me it's great and that I need to watch it.
Just doesn't interest me for some reason.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 1779 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I have never watched a minute of it. Everyone has told me it's great and that I need to watch it.
Just doesn't interest me for some reason.

I thought the same thing too for the longest time. Then I watched the pilot and I was hooked. It was a hell of a ride through to the end. I look forward to watching it again sometime.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5173 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The subject matter on all fronts really turned me off, so I avoided it for several years. But I finally gave in and have watched it through several times now. I think It's one of the best things I've ever seen.

Heck I even decorated a USPSA stage around it a few years ago. Wink

A pre match photo before I put the bags of blue meth out. lol

Posts: 14442 | Location: A little box of pine on the 7:29 | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ That was my problem, too. Everything about Meth is gross and not interesting, to me. I deliberately avoided the show for a few years because of it. But then I watched it...

Posts: 20650 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post