SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Grand Tour Season 3
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Grand Tour Season 3 Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Watched the latest episode last night. I think it's the best of the season. The segment that James May did about the cars of the NASA astronauts was great. Driving Neil Armstrong's 427 Corvette down the runways at Canaveral, I cannot think of a bigger bucket list item.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Good season so far, the NASA bit was great.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure was Jezza was proper pissed during Conversation Street this week. Great stuff on the NASA Corvettes.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Confused The NASA Corvettes feature was last week's episode.

As far as this week's episode, I can honestly say that I helped James May win the competition between the three hatchbacks. His unboxing video came out four months ago and I actually watched it. Big Grin

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Confused The NASA Corvettes feature was last week's episode.

As far as this week's episode, I can honestly say that I helped James May win the competition between the three hatchbacks. His unboxing video came out four months ago and I actually watched it. Big Grin

New episodes come out on Fridays. So "last week's" episode is the one you are able to watch for the majority of "this week."

Most people will probably watch this week's episode next week.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm holding off one more week. I'll have rotator cuff surgery next Thursday and I plan on binging the entire season!

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
New episodes come out on Fridays. So "last week's" episode is the one you are able to watch for the majority of "this week."

Most people will probably watch this week's episode next week.

Your post was dated on Thursday, which is when the new episodes are released. (12am Friday in Europe = 4pm Pacific time on Thursday.) So when you said "this week" two hours after the release of the new episode I felt compelled to correct you.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Finally watched last week's episode. Racing baggage through the airport was hilarious.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm still behind, which is good because I can catch up this week.
I loved the trip from Georgia to Azerbaijan, complete with a stop at Stalin's boyhood home and purported decapitation of Stalin statue.
Also liked the recitation of the huge number of humanitarian benefits from petroleum. True dat.
I've never been to the republic of Georgia. Tbilisi looks like a beautiful city now.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I loved the trip from Georgia to Azerbaijan, complete with a stop at Stalin's boyhood home and purported decapitation of Stalin statue.
Also liked the recitation of the huge number of humanitarian benefits from petroleum. True dat.
I've never been to the republic of Georgia. Tbilisi looks like a beautiful city now.

The Georgian tourism office must be spending a lot of money to attract location scouts and travel writers to their country, as Georgia has been featured and at the top of many 'hidden gems' travel location lists. Its long history and development of wine is certainly an attraction, I think attracting more Western travelers also helps provide them cover being next door to Russia and their predatory proclivities in the South. Azerbijian is also attempting to attract more Western travelers and media, conservative radio host John Batchelor has been there several times reporting on current events. They do need to settle things with Armenia regarding the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region; the source of why Anthony Bourdain and many others are blacklisted from visiting.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’m glad they’re making more use of Abbie Eaton. A little disappointed she’s into tats, but then she is a risk-taker, isn’t she?

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Agreed on both counts about Abbie. Fun episode.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1772 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Earlier episode, but I thought the Jim Clark retrospective was excellent.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Overall, this season has been excellent. The first season was sort of embarrassing, but they’ve really hit their stride.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Mongolia is the best thing they’ve done since early Top Gear. It felt like a test run for the new format starting next season and if so it will be brilliant.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Will there be a “next season?” What about their announcement from before this season started, saying they weren’t doing any more studio episodes? I took that to mean there would be occasional specials with no real schedule assigned.

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
There's not going to be anymore big tent shows after this season. Production costs were high and there were a lot of difficulties taping with outside noise, it's not a soundstage environment. There have been rumors of the boys having individual shows. There's also been rumors of the Grand Tour continuing but it would be all travel segments after this season.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
There's not going to be anymore big tent shows after this season. Production costs were high and there were a lot of difficulties taping with outside noise, it's not a soundstage environment. There have been rumors of the boys having individual shows. There's also been rumors of the Grand Tour continuing but it would be all travel segments after this season.

Fewer episodes & all travel specials/challenges to be the format was how I read it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed all but one episode of Season 3

they're back to form, the photography and travelogues were outstanding

I won't miss the tent show - just makes more time for the 'Tour' in Grand Tour

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Amazon has signed them for at least 1 more season of The Grand Tour. No studio segments. 6 episodes much like the Mongolia special. Hammond has publicly talked about this freeing up substantially more time and money for them to do the bits they actually enjoy doing.

They are also in discussions for additional solo projects through Amazon in addition to GT.

At least that is the information I've gotten, and if it's on the internet it has to be true.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post