SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Randy Scruggs died
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Randy Scruggs died Login/Join 
posted
Randy Scruggs, Grammy-winning country music artist and producer, died Tuesday April 17, 2018, at the age of 64, according to multiple news sources.

He passed away after a brief illness.

Scruggs is the son of bluegrass music legend Earl Scruggs.

Scruggs won four Grammy awards for his instrumental work and was named the “Musician of the Year” at the Country Music Association Awards twice.

He was born in Nashville and was often in the company of country music legends growing up due to his father’s fame.

The guitarist contributed his talents to recordings by Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette, Wilco, Randy Travis and Vince Gill.

He produced albums for Waylon Jennings, Toby Keith, and Alison Krauss.

Also a talented songwriter, he wrote numerous hit songs including “We Danced Anyway” for Deana Carter and “Shakin’” for Sawyer Brown. He co-wrote multiple songs with artist Earl Thomas Conley when Conley had a string of hits in the eighties.

Scruggs produced and played guitar on the critically acclaimed Grammy-winning album “Will the Circle Be Unbroken: Volume Two” for the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band in 1989.

As a recording artist, Randy and his brother Gary released two albums in 1969 and 1970, and then formed the progressive country rock band the Earl Scruggs Revue with their father. “I Could Sure Use the Feeling” was a top 30 hit for the group in 1979.

He is survived by his wife Sandy, his daughter, Lindsey, and his brother, Gary.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
damn, My wife and I really enjoyed discovering his music on the blue ridge parkway this last summer. RIP.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post