SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Falcon and Winter Soldier - Disney+
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Falcon and Winter Soldier - Disney+ Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
Ok so I watched the first few episodes last night. I actually liked it and I didnt want to. The opening action scene had so much stupid I almost turned it off. But it got better.
Favorite line: "Hey look its the Black Falcon" "no, it is just Falcon. Why did you call me Black because I am a black man?"
"yeah"
"Then how about I call you 'Black Boy'" . . "ha, see . . " (iirc).

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3587 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:

Favorite line: "Hey look its the Black Falcon" "no, it is just Falcon. Why did you call me Black because I am a black man?"
"yeah"
"Then how about I call you 'Black Boy'" . .

I've also been watching it.
That scene was pretty great.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:

"yeah"
"Then how about I call you 'Black Boy'" . .

I've also been watching it.
That scene was pretty great.

What's even funnier (to me, at least) is that I referred to him to my nephew as Black Falcon about 30 seconds before that scene came on. . .

I, like most of America, HATED the 'new' Captain America. Then, I watched the second episode, and immediately reversed my decision. I mean, Falcon didn't want the shield, so why is everybody butt-hurt that somebody is using it to fight evil, instead of leaving it to collect dust in the Smithsonian. . . ??

Oh, and that actor is Kurt Russell's son, and he is getting death threats over it. People are stupid.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pasound
posted Hide Post
I like it so far. A lot better than Wanda/Vision, I think.

Old, stubborn, heavily armed.

Posts: 27 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: January 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Oh, and that actor is Kurt Russell's son, and he is getting death threats over it.

If you're talking about the guy playing Captain America, his first audition many years ago was for the role of Captain America back in 2010/2011. He obviously didn't get it back then, so it's pretty cool that he finally got the part.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wyatt has been in quite a few things. Nice to see him in the position although I figured Falcon would take over.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dropped D+ after the Carrano-Kennedy business, waiting to pirate the season when it ends....

SO...there's a new Super Soldier?

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly certain he's not a super soldier. He's in peak physical condition, though. But everything he does that looks "super soldier-like" is done with the shield, which, due to the properties inherent in Vibranium, pretty much makes anyone look like a super soldier.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the comics the new Captain America character was named US Agent and he obtained super strength from the power broker. He was much stronger than the original Captain America.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
SO...there's a new Super Soldier?

There is a Super Soldier drug out but so far, only the bad guys & gals have it. There are only a few doses of it to begin with (23? if my memory was correct) of which most have been used.

Posts: 3925 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I must have missed a lot of the Captain America movies. I don’t even recall the Sharon person. Probably fell asleep.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
She was in Captain America: Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Turned-Off Viewers Turn Off 'The Falcon and The Winter Soldier' After BLM Propaganda

Viewers are tired of woke politics seeping into every facet of entertainment media. Patience is running thin and most are simply tuning out.

The latest Marvel release called The Falcon and the Winter Soldier warranted a record breaking audience for its highly anticipated premiere episode, according to Disney+. The streaming service did not provide any numerics to corroborate this claim however the new show was proclaimed to be the most watched title for its opening weekend overall, even beating out The Mandalorian.

The success of the initial episode did not endure, however, as viewership tanked suddenly at a very specific moment within the second episode. According to a new rumor put out by YouTuber “Overlord DVD,” not only did a massive number stop watching the episode at the same point across the board, there was a large scale movement of viewers who unsubscribed from the streaming service shortly thereafter. What caused this mass exodus? It was the off-putting inclusion of BLM propaganda in a scene involving the two main characters and the police, which Newsbusters' On TV Blog wrote about here.

Overlord DVD’s findings were provided to him by a source who monitored the tune out time stamps (TOTS) for the second episode. He provided an explanation on his YouTube channel:

“The TOTS is logged on Disney Plus whenever a viewer stops watching a particular movie or television episode. It’s useful to the bean counters at Disney Plus to note when they lose a particular viewer because this can give them valuable data about how the show is doing and what that viewer thinks about it. This source claims that around 5 p.m. on Saturday across the board, the TOTS for the second episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier went crazy with people turning the show off in droves all at around the same part of the show within seconds of each other...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8325 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I stopped watching because it sucks.

For All Mankind started out frustrating for the first two episodes and has just gotten better with each afterwards.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

“The TOTS is logged on Disney Plus whenever a viewer stops watching a particular movie or television episode. It’s useful to the bean counters at Disney Plus to note when they lose a particular viewer because this can give them valuable data about how the show is doing and what that viewer thinks about it. This source claims that around 5 p.m. on Saturday across the board, the TOTS for the second episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier went crazy with people turning the show off in droves all at around the same part of the show within seconds of each other... [/i]

Yeah, Bucky (white) and Sam (black) are having an argument in the parking lot. Some cops come out and start doing the stereotypical "is this (black) man bothering you" thing to Bucky. They only treated Sam with respect when they found out he was an Avenger.

It was stupid, but it was over rather quickly. It was entirely unnecessary and did nothing to drive the plot forward. I don't know if it was a deliberate virtue-signaling thing, or just some writer's way of infusing drama into the story.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
hmmm.... blood splatter doesn't seem realistic at end of today's ep.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched both The Mandalorian and Wandavision, and always looked forward to the new episodes coming out. I watched the first episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier, and haven’t watched any more. Not that I particularly disliked it, it just didn’t do anything for me. The characters aren’t particularly interesting. Mopey metal arm guy dealing with the consequences of previously being a bad guy, and heroic black man dealing with racism and the fact that being a super hero doesn’t pay the bills.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The problem with the show is that it's not a fun, campy adventure that puts the two in situations such as when they fought Spider-Man in Civil War. Instead, it's all serious and shit, and nobody wants to see this from these two characters.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The Wakandans are arrogant and have an attitude problem.

Zemo is the ONLY interesting character.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zemo is my favorite character so far. Who knew he'd be the most interesting? Oh, and the racism, social justice angle is getting old fast.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post