SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Falcon and Winter Soldier - Disney+
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Falcon and Winter Soldier - Disney+ Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
Saw the first episode and didn't like it. Another BLM woke super zero series. Not my thing.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Saw yesterday's episode. More "plight of the black man in America" bullshit.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
The race speeches are really getting my hackles up.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen it. Won't be seeing it now.

Thanks for ruining more shit, disney.

Posts: 13085 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the season finale last night and poor Falcon just wants to be Captain America but the white folks don't want that. They'd never accept a black man in that role. None of the white people around him ever say that and they are very supportive but damn, the black man can't even get out of bed everyday without racism.
Like with everything else the show is poisoned and ruined by wokeness. The entire show could have moved along without any mention of racism and maybe Falcon could have been accepted as Captain America because he's a cool badass. He could have been worthy of the shield without guilt tripping and being a victim.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
On one hand, I'm glad the season is already over due to all the race politics injected into the show; however, I'm also upset that it's over so quickly because I'm still wanting a show that delivers what I've been expecting from the adversarial friendship Barnes and Wilson started in Civil War.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Probably The Most Accurate Review on Falcon and Winter Soldier (WARNING: Your Sarcasm Detection Meter may experience damage from watching this video):

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3925 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This show was trash. They don't want me to watch it, so I won't.

In fact, I'm done with Marvel as a company.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
WARNING: Your Sarcasm Detection Meter may experience damage from watching this video
That's f'n hilarious!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Ok, I finished it. It wasn't that good as a story, but it had its good moments. It was REALLY woke, though, especially towards the end.

They had this 'black Captain America,' a member of a 1940s/1950s super soldier program. They were trying to recreate the Steve Rogers formula. The surviving black guy was living a solitary bitter existence, since they made his back-story as TRAGIC and OMG-Racist as possible. He was kept in prison for 30 years while they ran tests on him (he was the only one to survive the program without side effects). He had a sweetheart, but they never gave him her letters. Then she died without ever knowing he was still alive. Then some sympathetic nurse faked his death (????reasons, I guess), and gave him the old love letters. He said he lived in fear that any day, somebody would come by and find out he was alive, so they could continue experimenting on him again. This was all because he was the sole surviving super soldier, but they framed it *because he was black.* He even said 'They will never let a black man be Captain America' (never mind black Ironman, Rhodey/Iron Patriot, who was wearing the red/white/blue for years, and then even AFTER he was paralyzed) (too inconvenient to bring that up since it would conflict with the America is Racist narrative. Oh, and they referenced the Tuskegee Airmen, who "came home from the war to find burning crosses on their yards." I don't even know if that's true or not. Of course, they were bending over backwards to show how systemically racist America was (racism is in high demand/low supply).

Oh, and this 18yr old girl is running a terror cell, and she is the focus of the entire show. Yet, she is shown in a more sympathetic light than most characters. "Why call her a terrorist?" "But the feds have guns; the people they relocate would consider THEM terrorists," etc etc. They even call her 'Karli' the whole time, instead of by her last name (for example, we never called bin laden by his first name only). This further humanized her. Also, Bucky/Falcon were trying to find her to convince her to quit her terrorizing, while the (evil) (white) John Walker was trying to straight-up kill her. You know, as one does with terrorists.

FINALLY a terrorist is killed, but it was by John Walker (after he took some super serum; it is implied I think that he had 'roid rage). They had JUST killed his (black) best friend, and he was extremely emotional and out for vengeance. Even then, it is the most sympathetic terrorist ever portrayed on tv. He had a back-story of his grandfather fighting Nazis. He ran away screaming, and was begging for his life while Walker killed him with the shield while 30 people got cell phone video of it. For THIS, Walker is discharged with an "Other Than Honorable" discharge. Yeah, he killed a terrorist - HE is the bad guy.

Even at the end, Karli is killed, but Falcon carries her body lovingly to the ambulance, and makes an impassioned speech about how 'she had a point' and we (white America, I assume) 'had to do better.' Her death is portrayed as a tragedy, instead of a victory (they totally eradicated the terror cell in that operation; they had captured all the other terrorists, all of whom had the super serum, right at the end).

They went full-retard in the wokeness at the end, and a major theme was Falcon being accepted as Captain America because (GASP!) he's black. It was really heavy and blatant.

Zemo is my favorite character from the whole show (the bad guy from Capt America: Civil War). I was hoping he would get away in the end. Sharon Carter has a huge role in the end, with a MAJOR sequel-hook involving her character. Bucky finishes making amends to all the people he killed (and relatives) as the Winter Soldier. The Smithsonian unveils a bronze statue of the black super soldier, somehow proving that America isn't all that racist after all, though the show never brought attention to that point.

So, yeah, white man bad. It's even more stupid, as the show has THE most empowered, bad-ass women warriors ever portayed in media (more so than Wonder Woman's Amazon clan); the Dora Milaje (the bald women warriors from the Black Panther movie). They beat the ever-loving snot out of (white) John Walker, after he condescended to them (they were after Zemo, since they killed the King of Wakanda at the beginning of Civil War). Yet, racism. Sure.

I am definitely glad I didn't pay to see this nonsense. I had always liked Falcon; he was one of my favorite Avengers. But, they went WAYYYY overboard with the 'systemic racism' thing.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
This show was trash. They don't want me to watch it, so I won't.

In fact, I'm done with Marvel as a company.

I am quicly losing interest in most things marvel, but I'm really hoping the Hulu animated series M.O.D.O.K is as good as the previews make it out to be. That and I'll stick with Guardians of the Galaxy for a little longer also.

I really enjoyed the Netflix/Marvel shows but those days are dead and buried.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Probably The Most Accurate Review on Falcon and Winter Soldier (WARNING: Your Sarcasm Detection Meter may experience damage from watching this video):

Perhaps the best movie review in all of movie history

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
That video was indeed amazing. I tried to gloss over and ignore most of that stuff while watching because I like the characters, but it was really on the nose.

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post