New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jericho Login/Join 
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted
Not too long ago I saw a thread here regarding the TV series Jericho, so my wife and I gave it a try.

I just searched for that thread, but had no luck finding it. If I'd found it, then I'd have posted to that thread instead of starting a new one.

Over the past month my wife and I watched all of Season 1 and the only seven episodes that were made for Season 2. We really enjoyed the show! I don't know why it didn't get good enough ratings to justify continued filming.

In fact, It bums me out that the story line is left hanging. In the spirit of a recent thread in the Lounge, if I were King of the World, I'd make it illegal to not wrap up all the open plot lines of a TV series before terminating it!

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That was a great show, and it had a very committed following. It's a shame they killed it off before it ran it's course.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
the technical advisors should have been horsewhipped, but I liked the premise of the show and early episodes.

One thing I couldn't get over was the lack of firearms in rural mid-America. I just don't buy that the only firearms were granddads shotgun or a deer rifle. NOBODY had an SKS? An AR or AK?

Plus, I don't think the writer gave any credit as to the ingenuity of average folks. It was like the entire town was filled with shopkeepers and useless managers. I can't remember any of the characters as being a welder, plumber, electrician, etc.

But, compared to current seasons of TWD, Jericho's technical advisors were fricking Yoda.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
One thing I couldn't get over was the lack of firearms in rural mid-America. I just don't buy that the only firearms were granddads shotgun or a deer rifle. NOBODY had an SKS? An AR or AK?

Gerald McRaney had a Mini-14, I think.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16310 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:

Gerald McRaney had a Mini-14, I think.

It was an M14.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Was it? I'm thinking of the scene where Johnston Green faces down the rogue military unit after figuring out they were out of ammo.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16310 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It was a M1 Carbine that Johnstone used against the fake soldiers.

No Mini-14s. There are a few M14s seen, though. Hawkins uses one, for example.

Here's a breakdown of all the guns used in each season:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Jericho_-_Season_1

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Jericho_-_Season_2

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
It was a great show and I still keep hope that someday they will continue it.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I believe there was some sort of a graphic novel made that basically gave it the rest of Season 2 and a Season 3 that wrapped it up.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
As far as I know even the graphic novels didn’t finish the story. I’m pretty sure I have all of them, and even they ended on a cliffhanger with promise for more

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I believe there was some sort of a graphic novel made that basically gave it the rest of Season 2 and a Season 3 that wrapped it up.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Yeah that show had some real promise. I went in and did NOT know that they cancelled it before it played out. Pissed me off to have so many lose ends.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Another person that really enjoyed it and was left hanging.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never watched it, but didn't it suffer from season one or two falling during the writers strike that effected all tvshows. like LOST, Heros etc.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I never watched it, but didn't it suffer from season one or two falling during the writers strike that effected all tvshows. like LOST, Heros etc.

No. It was cancelled after the first season due to poor ratings/viewership. A massive outcry from the small but vocal fan base caused the network to agree to bring it back for a truncated second season, to allow for a bit of closure, after which it was cancelled for good.

The second/final season was completed prior to the start of the writer's strike, so it was unaffected by the strike, and its cancellation was unrelated to the strike.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NUTS!

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

No. It was cancelled after the first season due to poor ratings/viewership. A massive outcry from the small but vocal fan base caused the network to agree to bring it back for a truncated second season, to allow for a bit of closure, after which it was cancelled for good.

The second/final season was completed prior to the start of the writer's strike, so it was unaffected by the strike, and its cancellation was unrelated to the strike.

I was not sure, as i said we never watched it. I just remember a shit ton of shows suffering from the writers strike.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I liked it too!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post