SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What are you streaming?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you streaming? Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
We are almost finished with Intelligence on Netflix.

It is a Canadian show, 2 seasons (26 total episodes), originally broadcast starting in 2005.

Kind of a cross between The Sopranos and The Wire. The main characters are a marijuana trafficking kingpin and the head of the Canadian version of the FBI branch in Vancouver.

It moves very fast. I have to put down everything while I'm watching or I will miss something. I still have to rewind sometimes to make sure I follow it.

It's a little dated, but in my top ten shows of all time. It's that good.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Currently watching "Norsemen" on Netflix. A quirky Norwegian comedy-drama. It's a Monty Python-esque parody of Vikings.

Only one season so far, though.

If you've seen "Lilyhammer", about half the main cast is the same, including Nils Jørgen Kaalstad, Trond Fausa, Marian Saastad Ottesen, and Silje Torp.

(And yes, it's in English. No subtitles needed.)

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Amazon: Season 7 of Star Trek: Voyager
Netflix: Season 3 of Dark Matter

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
We just finished binge watching Mindhunter and Stranger Things. We need something new and will checkout Intelligence.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Currently watching "Norsemen" on Netflix. A quirky Norwegian comedy-drama. It's a Monty Python-esque parody of Vikings.

Only one season so far, though.

If you've seen "Lilyhammer", about half the main cast is the same, including Nils Jørgen Kaalstad, Trond Fausa, Marian Saastad Ottesen, and Silje Torp.

(And yes, it's in English. No subtitles needed.)

It's hilarious, I think. I love it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I started House of Cards recently.

Looks like I'd better hurry up if I'm going to get through the series....

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SyFy's The Expanse. Second season. quite good.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I started House of Cards recently.

Looks like I'd better hurry up if I'm going to get through the series....

Just stop after the first few seasons, it was already jumping the shark before Spacey-gate.

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
1922. "Stay out of the home place lest you get locked in like your momma and daddy"

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm currently binging 'Dexter' on Netflix. It's quirky and the characters are memorable. If you haven't watched 'Justified' yet, I highly recommend it. Great plot and characters as well. It's on Amazon.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
1922. "Stay out of the home place lest you get locked in like your momma and daddy"

That was pretty good.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Currently in Season three of 'Orphan Black'. Though a serious affair, it is surprisingly funny at times. Moves right along, too. It's sort of the opposite of, say, 'Lost' in that respect.

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Bosch, season 3, again. Keep hoping their promise of a new season comes true soon.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Finished season 1 of Fortitude a couple weeks ago and started season 2 last week. Also working my through s1 of Salvation. Next up will be The Expanse. Still waiting for Amazon to take season 6 of Grimm off of PPV and make it free (Prime).

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Ive been watching

Bloodline
Last Chance U
The Following
Lilyhammer
The Killing
Narcos
Stranger Things
Mind Hunter

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I'm currently binging 'Dexter' on Netflix. It's quirky and the characters are memorable. If you haven't watched 'Justified' yet, I highly recommend it. Great plot and characters as well. It's on Amazon.

Jim

Just be aware that it starts to get progressively worse after season 5.

quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
Bosch, season 3, again. Keep hoping their promise of a new season comes true soon.

Bosch is a great series, but each takes a month or so longer than the previous season to release. Season 2 was 13 months after the debut of season 1. Season 3 was 13 months after the debut of season 2.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like Dexter but it started to wear off after season 3 or so, steady decline but that still makes it better than most things on commercial TV.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
I really like Dexter but it started to wear off after season 3 or so, steady decline but that still makes it better than most things on commercial TV.

The John Lithgow season is one of the best ones. He won a Golden Globe and a Primetime Emmy for that role.

Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Currently watching "The Crown." Enjoying it. May be able to transition smoothly to season 2 at this rate.

If you haven't watched Stranger Things, I would recommend it.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midsomer Murders, now in season 6. Brits do police procedurals well, we also catch the Dr Blake Mysteries, Endeavor, and others.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post