SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Speaking of movies, when was the last time you went to a movie theater?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of movies, when was the last time you went to a movie theater? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Been almost 20 years since I went to one, watching The Lord Of The Rings. Don't miss it one bit.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Went to see Yesterday when it came out. I think that way my first theater trip since I went to see Titanic.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
About 20 years for me too. And I don’t have TV, either.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8857 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Hillary's America". In 2016, I guess.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
This week. I love taking advantage of cheap Tuesdays. I saw The Rhythm Section, which was very mediocre, but a $5.50 ticket price sure helps reduce the sting. I go to the theater about 3 times a month.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We go a few times a month. Ford v Ferrari on the big screen was incredible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cbunix23,

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
A few weeks ago to see 1917. Before that, it was in 2017 to see Dunkirk. Before that, I think it was Fury in 2014.

So every 3 years or so.

But I will say that this last time around, the change to reserved seating and leather reclining seats was a nice surprise. I might start going a little more often now.

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Christmas Day

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Last Saturday to see The Last Full Measure..

Posts: 1202 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
The James Bond movie Spectre in 2015

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Ricard Jewell in January

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
It's been in that 20 year range for me also. I have a hard time hearing any of the dialog over the background noise in the movie, so seeing movies in a theater is not enjoyable anymore.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday. Saw 1917. When you are retired, you pretty much have the theater to yourself in the early afternoon.

Posts: 103 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I really can't remember, its been 3-4 years and since I can't remember what movie it was, it must have been one heck of a good one Roll Eyes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My dad wanted to go see Open Range, so I went with him. Apparently that was August 2003.

If I sat down and thought about it, I could probably name every movie I've seen in a theatre.

Posts: 21054 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I average one visit every three years. Usually at our annual summer, Family reunion. Otherwise almost never.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
At least ten years ago. No point in going to me, I enjoy movies more at home.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just went to see 1917 this past Sunday afternoon at my nearby Regal Theater. LOVE going to late morning/early afternoon matinees and since it was Stupid Bowl Sunday, I figured there wouldn't be too many people at the movies. I was right...me and 6 other people.

I will probably go see "The Last Full Measure" next week sometime during the day. And I'll probably see "The Rise of Skywalker" again before it leaves the theater.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just last week we saw the new Star Wars movie. The one before that was in December when we saw The Last Christmas.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Christmas 2014 for the third Hobbit film.

I'm tempted to go back to see the new Top Gun and Black Widow films on the big screen when they come out.

There is much to dislike about going to the theaters.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post