SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Speaking of movies, when was the last time you went to a movie theater?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of movies, when was the last time you went to a movie theater? Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Last week to see 1917. I started going to a theater one stop down the highway from work. They have reserved seating in all theaters and a decent amount of restaurants around it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
June 2018. No desire to go back.

Posts: 2006 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
A couple months. I enjoy going to the theater and don’t seem to have the problems others do with rude people.

I will say I very rarely go on opening weekend for anything. I reserve seats or get there early to get good seats. I tend to go to smaller theaters and I tend to go during off hours to avoid huge crowds.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15250 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 15 months; have been hoping to go very soon and see "1917". Last movie was around Christmas-time 2018, and of course it was "The Grinch" remake. Ticket, popcorn and Coke was $22 IIRC.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Mid Last year when my son dragged me to see End Game.

I won't go back until the silly, grade school assigned seating goes away. Kinda wanted to see the new Bad Boys, but guess I'll wait until it comes out on Amazon.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37116 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a few weeks back saw 1917. I wait a while after something comes out so I can go see it in a pretty empty theater.

Posts: 378 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several years for me too. When I see something that interests me, I just think it will be streaming or on cable soon.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16054 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Whenever They Shall Not Grow Old went on general release.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
I go once or twice a year.

Most recently my youngest and I saw The Rise of Skywalker after bingeing all 8 previous movies.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
We go a handful of times a year. Movie and dinner with the family. It isn't cheap, but this time is so fleeting. The years roll by. Went last weekend for Knives Out. It was enjoyable enough.

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Star Wars , the last (somewhat disappointing) installment

have seen them all in the theater, ,

will likely go again next weekend to hopefully catch 1917

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10416 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ford v Ferrari

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15236 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
About a year ago. Can't even remember what I saw. We really enjoyed watching Endgame on our sofa, being able to pause it for bathroom breaks & more beer. Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7654 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
So long ago I recall not when it was or what we went to see.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Been almost 20 years since I went to one, watching The Lord Of The Rings. Don't miss it one bit.

That was also the last movie I watched in a theater.

Once the big flatscreens became readily available I lost all interest in sitting in a theater.

Now that I have a young kid though I am considering giving it another shot for something to do......

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
‘Bout 45 minutes ago. Munchkin and I saw the new Jumanji. Both enjoyed. I even had popcorn and a soda. Now the last time I had popcorn and a soda in a theatre was “Cowboys and Aliens” so 2011ish. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7663 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Close to 30 years if memory serves. Much prefer the comfort of our home theater.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16177 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Last month, did my very first double feature.
Midway, followed up with Ford v. Ferrari.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5143 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
1980 +/-. Took my baby daughter to see the midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

40 years would be a pretty good guess.

Not sure there even IS one within 50 miles of here.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15199 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It's been at least fifteen years since my wife and I have gone to the movies.
We would much rather watch them from home.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16507 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post