SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Speaking of movies, when was the last time you went to a movie theater?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of movies, when was the last time you went to a movie theater? Login/Join 
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Last time was when I was still married, we saw Under The Tuscan Sun

Had to look it up to see when it was released, and it said 2003, so it appears to be almost 17 years ago when I last went to the theater.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Sometime in the 1970s, I would say. About the time our local cable system started offering HBO.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
We have a theater here that has leather, powered recliners with reserved seating. It is worth the price of a ticket. Last movie we saw was Dr. Dolittle. Before that 1917.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Maybe once in the last ten or twenty years.

My wife wanted to see "The Life of Pi," so I sucked it up and went with her.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
2000 saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I go about 7 or 8 times a year. Still enjoy it. I go to a really nice theater with comfortable, reclining chairs and no obstructed views. Best part is my wife can't ask me questions during the movie Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Used to go regularly as I love film. But millennials, their smartphone addictions, and their ADD pushed me out. April of 2019 I walked out of a film, after sitting next to a young woman wring her hands at full arm’s length for an hour straight with brief interruptions of that on her phone. I walked out and started spending money upgrading my HT. Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, now it’s better PQ than the theaters, and much better sound.

So my last Cinemark pass I had, I cashed in, in December for Uncut Gems. No plans to ever return, even if it was free. Once again, a young millennial woman was sitting next to me, again with the phone interruptions and instead of hand wringing, it was 2 hours of hair twirling, full arm’s length. It was so bad I had to crumple up my jacket, and put it on my shoulder to act as a horse blinder. No more. The movie theater is now in my house and I can wait 90 days for any film, from theatrical release to 4k disc or Blu-Ray.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
The Revenant.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 580 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Last night - saw "Just Mercy". Good movie.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
last five. I could have skipped Gems, Star Wars and Midway.

01-12-20 - 1917 (2019)
12-28-19 - Uncut Gems (2019)
12-25-19 - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
12-12-19 - Richard Jewell (2019)
12-08-19 - Midway (2019)

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Rarely.

I saw the two most recent star wars (and regretted it, but because they were shitty movies) also saw Bohemian Rapsody.

I usually wait til a movie is nearly at the end of its run, and then go on a weeknight or better, a weekday afternoon. Then I am usually nearly alone in the theatre.

Most of the time I wait for the rental or digital rental. I have a 60" TV, a comfy couch, cheap drinks and snacks and good audio at home.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May 2019, Apollo 11. Outstanding flick.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Richard Jewell was the first movie I’ve seen in years and years. I won’t support Hollywood other than Clint.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
Been a while. I usually wait until the initial surge has dissipated for a new release so that it's less likely to have Bigfoot sitting in front of me or someone's precious 8 year old seat kicker behind me.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have increased of late for date nights with my wife, so say 6-8 a year. Maybe once a year I'll see a movie with my college son or with my brother. Last one, probably Little Women with my wife. It was very well done.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Bladerunner 2049

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
It's been 20 years for me, Perfect Storm, with a group from our marina.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
2010, for The A-Team. Yes, I was bored.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Last time was to see Joker whenever that came out.
We only go about once a year.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post