SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    January 10, 1999: The Sopranos debuts on HBO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 10, 1999: The Sopranos debuts on HBO Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
It's hard to believe it's been 20 years to the day already since The Sopranos debuted on HBO!

From the NYT:

‘The Sopranos’ 20th Anniversary: Here’s Your Complete Guide to Rewatching It

I heard there is a prequel movie being filmed as we speak, set in 1967. Should be pretty cool to see the young versions of Feech Lamanna, Johnny Boy and Uncle Jun doing their thing!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
HBO has been broadcasting it everyday for awhile.

I have the series on Blu Ray, haven't viewed it in several years. But even 20 years later, it is still one of my all time favorite TV shows.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Great series that really proved how good the small screen could be vs what's foisted on the public by the big three (CBS, NBC, and ABC).

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty decent portrayal of the psychotherapy process as well. At times truly hilarious as well as heartbreaking. Complex characters, lots of family conflict.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PASig - Please check the URL or am I missing something here?

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
PASig - Please check the URL or am I missing something here?

Ok that was weird. Fixed now!

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the best series, ever.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post