SIGforum
Roger Roger

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7930015324

May 03, 2017, 12:36 AM
NavyAgShooter
Roger Roger
I crack up into hysterics every time I see the visual of the 707 with the sound effect of the classic radial recip engine.
May 03, 2017, 02:22 AM
2012BOSS302
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
May 03, 2017, 08:15 AM
ibexsig
I went with my elementary school friends to see this in a little theater in the town I grew up in the year this movie came out. I have never laughed so hard at a movie since. To see it with an audience and everybody busting a gut around me was an experience I won't forget.
May 03, 2017, 04:59 PM
83v45magna
Say! Scraps is a boy dog!
May 05, 2017, 01:43 AM
Kuisis
Looks like I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.
May 05, 2017, 06:33 AM
RichN
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Say! Scraps is a boy dog!

I saw a documentary on it and they said Peter Graves didn't understand why they wanted him for that part because he didn't think he was funny.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
May 05, 2017, 07:56 AM
mr kablammo
Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
May 05, 2017, 04:51 PM
rat2306
Thanks in part to this thread and its power of suggestion, this weekend will be a Leslie Nielsen movie marathon here at home. "Airplane", "The Naked Gun" trilogy, the "Police Squad" series (all six episodes), and "Forbidden Planet".
May 05, 2017, 08:30 PM
mr kablammo
He was also in the spaghetti western Four Went Out. That was a surprise.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
May 05, 2017, 08:36 PM
Floyd D. Barber
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
He was also in the spaghetti western Four Went Out. That was a surprise.

He was also good in Forbidden Planet.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

May 05, 2017, 10:53 PM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Thanks in part to this thread and its power of suggestion, this weekend will be a Leslie Nielsen movie marathon here at home. "Airplane", "The Naked Gun" trilogy, the "Police Squad" series (all six episodes), and "Forbidden Planet".

I like most of Leslie's work. He had a role in a TV series called "Due South" in the mid 90's. Seems that most of his roles are similar. Wink

I use a lot of his Police Squad quotes at work today.
"Not one man on this force will rest until we find Nordburgs killer. Now, let's grab a bite to eat".

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

May 06, 2017, 09:39 AM
slabsides45
The fog is getting thicker....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
May 06, 2017, 10:45 AM
Floyd D. Barber
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
The fog is getting thicker....

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

May 06, 2017, 10:49 AM
Floyd D. Barber
By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

May 06, 2017, 03:54 PM
BGULL
Nick, Heath, Jarrod! The barn's on fire!

Bill Gullette
May 06, 2017, 07:42 PM
rat2306
Watching "Airplane!" now..was just reminded of a universal truth about flight meals (if still served). Never order the fish. Smile
May 08, 2017, 10:59 AM
NavyAgShooter
I had the lasagne.
May 09, 2017, 04:03 PM
sincityboy
Steve, I want every light you can get poured onto that field...
May 10, 2017, 04:18 AM
JimmyRayBob
Oh stewardess, I speak jive.