SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    These Final Hours
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

These Final Hours Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Watched this last night. Kind of a unique concept (and too real no matter how remote).

Synopsis: life ending asteroid hits earth directly opposite Perth, Australia. Ensuing fireball, which ends all life, is 12 hours from Perth. Nothing can stop it, Europe and north America are gone.

Anyone else see this?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Watching it now on Netflix after seeing your thread. Some pretty decent Australian T&A in it so far, I must say.

It does make me think about what I'd want to do with the last 12 hours of my life having just suddenly learned about humanity's fate. I know one thing for certain, I wouldn't want to spend it getting hammered and commiting all acts of debauchery. This movie made me realize that I'd rather spend it giving love and being loved.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I watched it awhile back. It was interesting.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Watched it a while back as well. Interesting movie.
Interesting concept. You KNOW it's coming, and when....Now, what're you gonna do with that time?

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hadn't seen it, but that sounds a lot like On The Beach from 1959.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Watching it now on Netflix after seeing your thread. Some pretty decent Australian T&A in it so far, I just say.

It does make me think about what I'd want to do with the last 12 hours of my life having just suddenly learned about humanity's fate. I know one thing for certain, I wouldn't want to spend it getting hammered and commiting all acts of debauchery. This movie made me realize that I'd rather spend it giving love and being loved.

Kind of what i was thinking in afterthought.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I just finished it. Thought provoking is about all I have say about it. At least there will be no sequel.

Jim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimbo54,

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post