SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Old Album covers for art...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Album covers for art... Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Scored a dozen or so old albums today at the "World's Longest Yard Sale" for about a buck each.
Mostly 60's ~ 70s mainline country. Johnny Cash, Conway, Dolly and Porter, Charley Pride, Dottie West, Glen Campbell, Patsy Cline, Willie, George Jones and a nice one of Crystal Gayle from 1971. (posted below)

Thought I might use them for wall art in my TV room / simi Man Cave. They are all worn and well loved and look pretty cool.

Anyone done anything like this? Ideas on how to actually mount them to the wall?
I would like to be able to change them out easily as I find better examples to display.
Maybe just make a ledge to sit them on?

Yard sale link...
http://www.127yardsale.com/

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Always liked ths one:

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Search for LP album frames.

I have a couple hanging on my wall.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Search for LP album frames.

I have a couple hanging on my wall.

Sigfreund beat me to it. I have about 6 Eagles LPs hanging up in these frames. They're well made and hang easy.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of sdf
posted Hide Post
Yup. I use those frames. I have a music wall up in my living room.

Posts: 7139 | Location: Nevada | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Well I should have know there would be a purpose made solution!

Thanks!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I always loved her hair.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Maybe a silly question, but if you still play that particular LP, can you slide the vinyl out without taking the cover from the frame?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I put the albums from any framed covers in generic sleeves for protection. I don't leave them in the framed cover.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Maybe a silly question, but if you still play that particular LP, can you slide the vinyl out without taking the cover from the frame?

Not with the ones I have, but I don't know if they're the same.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Michael's and The Container Store both sell 12x12 frames for albums.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How to put them on a wall? Well, my best friends sister painted the cover below on the wall of our shack in about 1971, about 10x8 ft, it was very well done. We were mid teens, what did we know? It was pretty cool though. Wink Don't remember anything about their music, which probably tells me something.

https://www.google.com/search?...mgrc=MKT72qYxvSLRbM:

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hate her politics but I have framed the Silk Purse Album from Linda Rondsdtat. One hell of a cover.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post