SIGforum
Old Album covers for art...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7910024824

August 05, 2017, 11:39 PM
cparktd
Old Album covers for art...
Scored a dozen or so old albums today at the "World's Longest Yard Sale" for about a buck each.
Mostly 60's ~ 70s mainline country. Johnny Cash, Conway, Dolly and Porter, Charley Pride, Dottie West, Glen Campbell, Patsy Cline, Willie, George Jones and a nice one of Crystal Gayle from 1971. (posted below)

Thought I might use them for wall art in my TV room / simi Man Cave. They are all worn and well loved and look pretty cool.

Anyone done anything like this? Ideas on how to actually mount them to the wall?
I would like to be able to change them out easily as I find better examples to display.
Maybe just make a ledge to sit them on?

Yard sale link...
http://www.127yardsale.com/

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
August 06, 2017, 05:33 AM
Blackmore
Always liked ths one:

Truth: The New Hate Speech
August 06, 2017, 07:51 AM
sigfreund
Search for LP album frames.

I have a couple hanging on my wall.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
August 06, 2017, 07:54 AM
ryan81986
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Search for LP album frames.

I have a couple hanging on my wall.

Sigfreund beat me to it. I have about 6 Eagles LPs hanging up in these frames. They're well made and hang easy.

August 06, 2017, 11:02 AM
sdf
Yup. I use those frames. I have a music wall up in my living room.
August 06, 2017, 11:02 AM
cparktd
Well I should have know there would be a purpose made solution!

Thanks!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
August 06, 2017, 11:32 AM
Gustofer
I always loved her hair.

August 06, 2017, 11:48 AM
6guns
Maybe a silly question, but if you still play that particular LP, can you slide the vinyl out without taking the cover from the frame?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
August 06, 2017, 12:52 PM
zoom6zoom
I put the albums from any framed covers in generic sleeves for protection. I don't leave them in the framed cover.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
August 06, 2017, 01:45 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Maybe a silly question, but if you still play that particular LP, can you slide the vinyl out without taking the cover from the frame?

Not with the ones I have, but I don't know if they're the same.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
August 06, 2017, 02:26 PM
LS1 GTO
Michael's and The Container Store both sell 12x12 frames for albums.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

August 06, 2017, 03:50 PM
stkfox
How to put them on a wall? Well, my best friends sister painted the cover below on the wall of our shack in about 1971, about 10x8 ft, it was very well done. We were mid teens, what did we know? It was pretty cool though. Wink Don't remember anything about their music, which probably tells me something.

https://www.google.com/search?...mgrc=MKT72qYxvSLRbM:

August 07, 2017, 09:44 PM
germandogs
Hate her politics but I have framed the Silk Purse Album from Linda Rondsdtat. One hell of a cover.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill