New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Glades Login/Join 
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted
Over the past few weeks my wife has been binge watching "The Glades", which apparently played from 2010 through 2013. I've caught a couple of episodes when our schedules matched, and I kinda enjoyed the show.

So tonight she watched what is apparently the last episode. It ends with the main character unexpectedly getting shot, twice, in his spanking new house as he's preparing to leave the house to go to his wedding. The last scene shows him spaseming and bleeding out on the hardwood floor.

WTF? What ass-hole would end a TV series that way?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cliffhanger. It would have picked up next season, but there wasn't one.

Decent show, done in by the network's poor support. I enjoyed it, but it seemed to be jacked around for the entire run. Maybe I just didn't enjoy it enough to dedicate.

Posts: 517 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Kiele Sanchez was hawt in the show. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Kiele Sanchez was hawt in the show. Smile

My favorite scene of her. Smile

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
Over the past few weeks my wife has been binge watching "The Glades", which apparently played from 2010 through 2013. I've caught a couple of episodes when our schedules matched, and I kinda enjoyed the show.

So tonight she watched what is apparently the last episode. It ends with the main character unexpectedly getting shot, twice, in his spanking new house as he's preparing to leave the house to go to his wedding. The last scene shows him spaseming and bleeding out on the hardwood floor.

WTF? What ass-hole would end a TV series that way?

I loved The Glades. Sadly just fell the way of good shows that didn't get renewed.

The same happened with Longmire, though it wasn't Longmire himself who was shot in that finale. Thankfully in that case NetFlix picked it up.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post