SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Now this is what I wanted in Star Wars from Disney
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now this is what I wanted in Star Wars from Disney Login/Join 
I got a Million of 'em!
posted
A Jon Favreau produced series called The Mandalorian.

https://www.starwars.com/news/...mandalorian-revealed

It’s about time they told a different story in the SW universe.

Dave Filoni is attached too. Dave has done The Clone Wars animated series and Rebels.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Having never read any Star Wars novels, I don't know anything about the Mandalorians save what little was shown in the Clone Wars animated series. So this series should be interesting. But really, I'd be more interested in seeing a Cad Bane series than some rando Mandalorian bounty hunter.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

Dave Filoni is attached too. Dave has done The Clone Wars animated series and Rebels.

Favreau did the first 2 Iron Mans. You hire a decent director, you get a decent product. Let’s hope he controls the director.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

Favreau did the first 2 Iron Mans. You hire a decent director, you get a decent product. Let’s hope he controls the director.

I agree, plus he has a foot in the SW universe. He voiced a Mandalorian in the CW series plus he voiced Rio Durant in Solo.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a good start. Now if they can stop writing the script via social justice warrior comittee.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Has some promise. There have been rumors of a Fett movie and show for a long time. Originally they were looking at an HBO series that was based on Fett and Jabba's gang.

Filoni wrote the Clone Wars, which is a very good series. It may be a cartoon but it was some really good story telling, so having him attached is a very good thing. Having Kennedy still attached to Star Wars is not a good thing, so hopefully they keep her nose out of this. That pic looks almost exactly like a screen shot from the now killed Star Wars game Star Wars 1313, killed by EA for not being a loot box multi player BS game. I wonder if this will play that story out.

Mandalorians have a pretty cool culture, honor, brotherhood, and kicking ass.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what happened to the group that did Rogue One? I looked at the credits and there were all new names,.....

I think they did a great job and deserve to do more.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They have cancelled the Boba Fett movie and are concentrating on TV now for the new Disney streaming service

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They have just announced a Cassian Andor series as well for the Disney streaming service

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Trailer out today...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16304 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see it will be a real life action show compared to cartoon/anime. I don't know much about the Mandolorians but it has to be better than the crap Disney is making for the movies. I like they added IG-88.

Posts: 6869 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Hey, Mandalorian...finger!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16304 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's cool. I'll Han Solo it. Fuck Disney.

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Looks like it could actually be good

posted Hide Post
Filoni involvement is a very good. After the abortion called TLJ, Kennedy and Co. recognized they've alienated a significant portion of the fandom. The streaming service allows them to appeal to that group while allowing various side stories to develop in an already established rich universe.
Good to see Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito, Gina Carrano and Werner Herzog. Read that Nick Nolte has a part in it too.

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Looks really cool but I loathe streaming anything. The picture and sound quality is all compressed. Disney nesters their 4k soundtracks on disc also. AV community thinks it is done on purpose to drive people to their new streaming service as maybe audio will be better. But I won’t know because I’m not giving Disney even a drop of piss. They have taken a big gorilla shit on Star Wars so I’m not going to give them any of my money.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of them releasing one episode a week, that's pretty lame for a streaming service.

But it looks like they may have let Filoni and Faverou do what they wanted which is a good sign

Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
This looks great.

Dont care one iota bout Disney being involved.
Business is not my concern.

I’m gonna watch the crap out of this.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post