SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wonder Women 84 - No Spoilers
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wonder Women 84 - No Spoilers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Has Lynda Carter always had a speech impediment?

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Maybe from dentures? Some people's speech changes when they get dentures.

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
I thought the last Wonder Woman movie was a lot better. I actually dozed off for a short time during this one.

Me too.

I watched this over a couple of days and dozed off twice!

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
At one point, Chris Pine grabs a gun and is about to shoot someone and then realizes it and frustratingly casts it aside as he remembers his girlfriend told him he can't do that.

That was because the guy he was about to shoot was a good guy secret service agent under coercion (before he grabs the gun in the fight, he picks up a sword off the wall, and she says something like "no, it's not their fault"), not because guns are evil.

Getting kind of spoilery here, but that's shortly followed by her catching a bunch of the coerced secret service guys so they don't get hurt after they get tossed around by someone else, even though they were just shooting at her.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
At one point, Chris Pine grabs a gun and is about to shoot someone and then realizes it and frustratingly casts it aside as he remembers his girlfriend told him he can't do that.

That was because the guy he was about to shoot was a good guy secret service agent under coercion (before he grabs the gun in the fight, he picks up a sword off the wall, and she says something like "no, it's not their fault"), not because guns are evil.

Getting kind of spoilery here, but that's shortly followed by her catching a bunch of the coerced secret service guys so they don't get hurt after they get tossed around by someone else, even though they were just shooting at her.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Heh.

Not saying it's a good movie, also not saying there isn't an anti-gun message, just that that bit isn't an anti-gun message.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turd sandwich.

Gal Gadot is easy on the eyes.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to say WW84 was complete garbage.

The first movie I'd give a 7/10. This would barely break a 2/10.

Where do I begin? The movie's anti gun biases? Besides the fact WW blatantly says "I hate guns" plenty of guns are crushed by naked fists to symbolize the destruction of guns by "goodness" and "truth," both of which are a weak ass message constantly shoved down our throats throughout the movie.

The "special effects" weren't special at all. It was worse than the cheesy Kung Fu wire work.

The plot was absolute trash. Using Donald Trump as an inspiration for the villain was pathetic. Here's the plot in a nutshell: businessman makes promises he can't deliver on so he gets ahold of an artifact that grants anyone who touches it 1 wish. Businessman's wish was to become the artifact so anyone who touches him and makes a wish comes true and he goes around touching everyone to make wishes that are to his benefit.

That's all fine and well until he starts granting everyone wishes simultaneously (don't ask, the movie does a shit job portraying this) and the world ends up on fire because everyone is getting what they wished for.

Then WW to comes in and explains to the world that the world is perfect when everyone isn't getting what they wish for. Deep. Real deep. <eyeroll>

The ending was predictable and unoriginal and the movie was a waste of 2.5-3 hours of my life.

Oh and let's not forget the anti-male bias portrayed in a way that's so pathetic only a female director would let it make the final cut.

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I am with the general consensus, pretty much a stinker.

I thought the Chris Pine, Wardrobe + Fanny Pack scene was funny, but otherwise I'm glad we didn't pay theater prices for us to watch.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These guys just tear it apart

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
A film so bad Gal Gadot can't save it.

Yeesh.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We tried, really we tried. It was so bad, we paused it a couple of times, hoping to distract us by doing something else then come back with a fresh outlook. Nope. Finally, we caved and just gave up, turned it off before it even finished. Actually, my wife caved before I did. When I went back where she was, she asked "so how was it?" I said "I don't know." She then said "I thought you kept watching it." I replied "Nope, I was watching something else,"
which I was.

And I agree with 46and2, even a nude scene by Gadot couldn't have saved this one.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
They should stop making DC movies. Marvel has them beat by generations.

WW84 was just awful. It was bland, slow and the plot was confusing at times.

DC lost me in 2016 when they released Batman vs Superman while Marvel came out with Captain America: Civil War. They've had no answer since for Infinity War or Endgame.
I agree.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Er

Ma

Gerd!

That was BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched it with my nephew, and we riffed the heck out of it (think a junior version of MST3K). That is the only thing that made it bearable.

Bad special effects. They bought a wire rig, and by golly, they surely were going to use it.

HORRIBLE writing (I mean, the 'story' just sort of went from meaningless point to meaningless point. At numerous points, we were going "whaaaattt????????" with no idea what we were seeing.

And, the Cheetah? She was in full Cheetah mode for maybe 6-8 minutes. The very little we saw of her was good, in that it was a good rendition of the character. But, her story was as lame as everything else.

The golden armor WW wore was also really lame. As was the way that WW suddenly learns to fly.

Oh, and watching a WWI pilot flying a mach II fighter jet was WAY too much to swallow. I mean, his fighters had a top speed just barely over stall speed for a Panavia Tornado. Yet, he's such an awesome pilot that he can fly it just fine (never mind nobody had retractable landing gear, flaps, cockpit pressurization, external fuel tanks, etc etc etc). But, it was par for the course, and did not really surprise us much. They paid nearly no attention to the cohesiveness of the 'plot,' which seemed to stumble on from scene to scene. I could vomit up a bowl of vegetable soup and come close to what these writers did.

Oh, and they made NO effort to reconcile this movie with the previous plotline where she was hiding from humanity and it took Bruce Wayne's great deductive skills to find Diana hiding in Paris and convince her to 're-engage' in society. No effort at all.

Oh, and the part about bringing Steve Trevor back was beyond lame. An episode of Paw Patrol has a LOT more attention to detail than this tripe.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
That was so head-scratchingly perplexing, I almost found it entertaining. Almost.

Who decided to take a cast-off Twilight Zone episode about a cursed wishing rock, bloat it to 2.5 hours, have it star Wonder Woman, and then throw $200 mil at it? So bizarre.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of many movies where I wonder, what the hell were they thinking? They have a massive budget and an iconic character with a long history to draw from and this is what they come up with? Hmm..reminds me of movie sequels from a galaxy far, far away.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
This is one of many movies where I wonder, what the hell were they thinking? They have a massive budget and an iconic character with a long history to draw from and this is what they come up with? Hmm..reminds me of movie sequels from a galaxy far, far away.

These big tent-pole movies, where the studio is investing an enormous amount of capitol and resources leads me to believe there's too many chefs in the kitchen and various executives, outside of the actual movie making process, are getting accommodated and the producer/director doesn't have enough juice (or support) to say F-off.

The script was shit, it looked like a first draft yet, too many people got their pet ideas inserted or, whomever is the studio head, wanted it that way and the result is their poop sandwich. My understanding, Warner Bros pissed-off a lot of investors and movie makers by releasing this and their catalog of new movies on HBO.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
The script was shit, it looked like a first draft yet,

The released movie is the one they put together with multiple re-shoots due to horrible test audience reactions....which begs the question, how bad was the original movie and script?

Gal Gadot doing a 5 minute nude scene couldn't have saved this movie (depending on the "action"....just saying). Now maybe 1975-1978 Lynda Carter doing a nude scene could have saved it. Big Grin

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I assume the Wokeness is strong?
Yea, they got their digs in.

"I hate guns."

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it in the theater on New Year's day. It was awful. My only positive thing to say is that it was better than Aquaman. The story was lackluster, the motivation for the bad guy shown way too late in the film, the dialogue was juvenile, and the jokes were forced. Overall it seems that DC has an issue of taking themselves too seriously. They had a great comedic actor with Kristen Wig and they totally wasted it. If they had better utilized her talents and not made her character so incredibly dark, they might have had something. She could have been DC's equivalent of Robert Downey Jr. or Chris Pratt.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post