SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wonder Women 84 - No Spoilers
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wonder Women 84 - No Spoilers Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I went to the movies for the first time this year (I think because I don't remember the last time I went to the theater).

I REALLY liked the movie although it was almost 3 hours long.

Just make sure you stay through the credits. That's all I'll say.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night. It was okay. Too predictable.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of meh for me. Villains were kind of lame and the CGI was a bit dodgy in places. Thought the first one was better.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I thought it was terrible. Plot/story, CGI, acting, name it. It was very bad.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I've read a lot of viewers comment that for a film w/ a $200M budget, why is the CGI so bad?

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I thought the last Wonder Woman movie was a lot better. I actually dozed off for a short time during this one.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Ditto. Just awful. If I had to pick one, I think the plot was the worst part. Lame and nonsensical.

Luckily, I watched it through HBO Max, so I was only out the time invested, not any additional money.

I agree that the previous WW movie was better, but still not great. The initial 2/3 of it was fairly good (through the liberation of the town), with the last 1/3 really dragging it down.

For whatever reason, DC just can't get their shit together when it comes to movies lately, with the Nolan Batman trilogy being the last truly "good" DC films, and Man of Steel and possibly Wonder Woman being the only other "okay-to-somewhat-good" DC films out of their recent crop. Perhaps the Batman v. Superman Director's Cut/Ultimate Edition specifically might also qualify as "okay-to-somewhat-good", though not the theatrical cut. But Justice League, Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn, WW84, Aquaman, Shazam, etc. have all been terrible. (Like he kinda managed with BvS, Zach Snyder has a slim chance to rescue Justice League with his upcoming reshoot/re-edit/do-over 'Snyder Cut', but I'm not holding my breath.)

And Joker also certainly qualifies as "good", although it's not a DCEU film like Wonder Woman et al, it's not a superhero film, and is barely a DC film at all, so I don't lump it in with the rest. Change a couple names, and it wouldn't even need to be set in the DC Universe. It could be just some schmuck in New York, Philly, or Chicago in the 1970s.

Posts: 32426 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Not "very bed" just bad.

The rest is accurate though. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I thought it was becoming crap and then decided to look at it as if it were a 1980's made movie, bad plot, acting, cheezy lines. Turned out to be ok

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
It was terrible. My wife agreed.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Watched it on HBOMax after finishing up the first season of Daredevil on Netflix. The best review out of three of us who saw it was "not that good." and worst review was "well that was crap". We went back to watching season 2 of Daredevil.

At best, WW84 is a one and done movie. I don't think anyone who has seen it will ever willingly watch it again.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well in hindsight, just watched the pilot for the Linda Carter series (currently on hbo max) .

The WW 1984 was rather awesome and great special effects. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
And I did not hear New Order's Blue Monday at all in the movie. They just used it for the trailer. That's one of the reasons I went. I love New Order. lol

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
And I did not hear New Order's Blue Monday at all in the movie. They just used it for the trailer. That's one of the reasons I went. I love New Order. lol

Oh man, that sucks! I loved that in the trailer.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was just an awful movie. Glad I didn't pay to go see it and saw it on HBO Max instead.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
This movie served as an amazing sleep aid. I couldn’t believe how bad and long it was.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
HBO Max. Another vote for awful

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
They set a pretty high bar with the first WW. They failed to come anywhere close to that same bar with WW84. It wasn't BAD, it just wasn't good. Predictable is probably a good word to describe most of it.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
They should stop making DC movies. Marvel has them beat by generations.

WW84 was just awful. It was bland, slow and the plot was confusing at times.

DC lost me in 2016 when they released Batman vs Superman while Marvel came out with Captain America: Civil War. They've had no answer since for Infinity War or Endgame.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
DC trying to get over the (not even remotely) "high bar" of the 1st WW film:

Posts: 32426 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post