SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wonder Women 84 - No Spoilers
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wonder Women 84 - No Spoilers Login/Join 
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
And I did not hear New Order's Blue Monday at all in the movie. They just used it for the trailer. That's one of the reasons I went. I love New Order. lol

Seriously? That was the best thing about the trailer. They paid the licensing fee to use the song; they should have included it in the film.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
The year is almost over and this was definitely the worst movie I've seen. Certainly two hours too long (it's 2.5 hours in total length), it's an absolute mess! Silly, an incomprehensible plot, and wasted talent. The first WW movie was somewhat interesting. This was a sleep aid.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
HBO Max. The plot gimmick was unintelligible. Don't want to get into specific criticisms due to this being a No Spoilers thread, but I found this to be maybe the worst sequel ever to an origin story movie that I liked. (Well, maybe excluding "Son of Kong".)

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the best thing about the movie was:

1. Gal Gadot

2. A theme song that was a hook in the promotional material but, not used in the movie itself.

Posts: 14567 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I've read that the villain is modeled after President Trump. Is that correct?

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

He's a TV personality motivational speaker with swoopy blond hair...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:

Maybe in those broad parameters, but in every other way he’s nothing like DJT, so no I don’t think he’s modeled after him or supposed to represent him in any way.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
quote:

Maybe in those broad parameters, but in every other way he’s nothing like DJT, so no I don’t think he’s modeled after him or supposed to represent him in any way.

I agree that I really didn't think so while watching. And in MY view of DJT, he's not like that. But I have no doubt that the leftard writers of the movie do see DJT as having those characteristics. Swindler, liar, TV charlatan, seducer, etc. I think the hair was the most overt thing. Pascal looks really weird with blond hair.

Plus, the director said so but more the pre-President Trump (billionaire agomaniac) than Presiden Trump (literally Hitler.): https://people.com/movies/wond...dro-pascals-villain/

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Man this movie was bad and I don’t usually say that often. No wonder they released it free on HBO.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I assume the Wokeness is strong?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No, not really. Nothing overt that I can recall.

It's not bad because it's full of wokeness... It's bad in the old fashioned way of bad movies sucking: bad CGI, bad acting, bad plot, bad dialogue, etc.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
No, not really. Nothing overt that I can recall.

It's not bad because it's full of wokeness... It's bad in the old fashioned way of bad movies sucking: bad CGI, bad acting, bad plot, bad dialogue, etc.

I think they went over the top a bit with "most men are pigs" by the way guys catcall at and even get handsy with Diana and then Kristen Wiig's character.

And it's over the top anti-gun, imo. She blatantly says "I hate guns" at one point and then they emphasize her lassoing guns away from people a lot during the movie. At one point, Chris Pine grabs a gun and is about to shoot someone and then realizes it and frustratingly casts it aside as he remembers his girlfriend told him he can't do that.

But I agree that's not WHY it's bad.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Director/writer Patty Jenkins said in a few interviews, that the character was 'inspired' by DJT (perhaps red meat for the press), however what's actually on the screen doesn't make any connection, resemblance or, notions other than the hair.

My understanding they tried to jam EVERY. SINGLE. 80's theme/trope into the movie, giving the impression that the era was ten-solid years of crazes & trends after another.

Posts: 14567 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think they went over the top a bit with "most men are pigs" by the way guys catcall at and even get handsy with Diana and then Kristen Wiig's character.

I didn't notice it so much with Diana, but it certainly did happen with Wiig's character, especially as the movie progressed. But I believe that was intended to be the drawback to her wish. (She wanted attention, but eventually ended up getting way more attention than she wanted.)

It even showed women being enthralled by her too, like the dressing room lady.

And the handsy drunk guy was there to serve as a blunt force instrument for character development, first demonstrating just how timid she was and giving her a glimpse of Diana's power and a desire to have it, and later as a means of showing how much she had changed/fallen. (With the homeless guy in both scenes really beating you over the head with the message, just to make it blatant and ensure nobody missed out on the not-so-subtle point... Not exactly nuanced filmmaking.)

So it didn't strike me as some targeted dig towards all men. But who knows. The writing was such a mess that it's hard to tell exactly what they intended.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
The most accurate review I have seen so far:

" WW84 is so bad, people are walking out of their house..."

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
This Wonder Woman was done by Patty Jenkins and the Justice League rewrite team. I'm not sure it had a good chance. WW3 has been green lit and will be interesting to see which pushy they take, but this was way too long and there's no way Steve Trevor's return would have been acceptable if it was a woman.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I watched it for free on HBO Max and I still want a refund.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
It was awful.

Gal Gadot is beautiful.

The 80's was pretty awful in retrospect, too.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
This Wonder Woman was done by Patty Jenkins and the Justice League rewrite team. I'm not sure it had a good chance. WW3 has been green lit and will be interesting to see which pushy they take, but this was way too long and there's no way Steve Trevor's return would have been acceptable if it was a woman.

I'd almost bet it got green lit because of 84. And by that I mean there is so little new content (major films) that 84 made money already. So the studio got the benefit, after a shit film, of a pandemic.

In the last 7-8 months I have seen 3 "new" decent films. One a solid "decent" in Bubbles speak, and that was Greyound with Hanks on that Apple service. The Banker (Anthony Mackie and Samuel L. Jackson) which was surprisingly good. Mostly due to Jackson. And then the film I thought was stunning, that many did not care for, Tenet.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12567 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
OK, this was funny to me.

https://imgflip.com/i/4ryr7r

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post