SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wonder Women 84 - No Spoilers
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wonder Women 84 - No Spoilers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I went to watch it Christmas Day, I was not impressed. I understand all the viewpoints they are pushing but that was not the disappointing aspect of the movie it was just a bad movie. No real plot too many holes nothing seemed to flow.

Only good thing was I got to get out and enjoy a cheese burger with loaded fries.

Posts: 2118 | Location: Central TX | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We all watched it over Christmas. Unimpressed.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Please God, give me back the 15 minutes of my life I wasted on watching the beginning of ww despite the warnings above. I promise never to watch another ww again. That gal is becoming though.

I was completely done when “I hate guns.”

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Aquaman, that was another DC movie I didn’t even make it through. Both Aquaman and WW1984 were like Melatonin to me.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I thought it was becoming crap and then decided to look at it as if it were a 1980's made movie, bad plot, acting, cheezy lines. Turned out to be ok

This is how my wife and I watched it, and mostly enjoyed it.

Yes, looking at it through the eyes of a Marvel movie fan will leave you very disappointed. The fact is, DC is not Marvel, and their movies will never hold up.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Never? That's pretty broad.

DC has had good films (most notably the Dark Knight Trilogy). And Marvel has had plenty of stinkers over the years.

While Marvel is clearly way ahead of DC with their recent offerings, it's a bit of a reach to say that "DC's movies will never hold up"...

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Rogue, you are correct in saying that i shouldn't have used 'never' the way I did.

I should have clarified that I was referring to the universe movies (Avengers vs Justice League, and associated movies tying to those lines)

The biggest issue I see is that the Marvel Movies tie into the same scope of each other... DC is just going in too many directions with no clear goal.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Never? That's pretty broad.

DC has had good films (most notably the Dark Knight Trilogy). And Marvel has had plenty of stinkers over the years.

While Marvel is clearly way ahead of DC with their recent offerings, it's a bit of a reach to say that "DC's movies will never hold up"...

It’s tough to come up with anything else outside of Nolan’s Batman trilogy. Joker was good but I don’t really consider that to be a true DC movie.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
The Dark Knight Trilogy is some of the best film out there, regardless of genre (in my opinion at least Wink )

If you would like to watch DC stuff that's good, watch the Animated movies. I think that if the animated stuff went mainstream, it would trounce Marvel, especially in the story telling portion.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
I should have clarified that I was referring to the universe movies (Avengers vs Justice League, and associated movies tying to those lines)

The biggest issue I see is that the Marvel Movies tie into the same scope of each other... DC is just going in too many directions with no clear goal.

I agree with that, in regards to the modern MCU vs. DCEU.

Unlike Marvel, DC seems to lack a central person with an overarching "vision" and firm guidance for the various productions. They're trying to make a shared universe, but have a bunch of different directors, producers, and studio administrators all going in different directions.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
It’s tough to come up with anything else outside of Nolan’s Batman trilogy. Joker was good but I don’t really consider that to be a true DC movie.

Depends on your definition of "true DC", as well as your definition of "good".

For example, the original Superman and Superman II and Burton's Batman and Batman Returns are "true DC" and were fairly good... for their time. They're just a bit cheesy by today's standards, partly due to their limits on special effects, and partly due to some intentional campiness. (Though nowhere near the levels of intentional camp in the subsequent Schumacher Batman films, which are just awful overall.)

And like Joker, there have been various other "DC Comics but not traditional DC superhero" movies that were good, such as Road to Perdition, A History of Violence, and Stardust. And even Constantine and V for Vendetta are passably good.

Watchmen is unquestionably a good superhero film, and is DC superheroes, just not the standard DC universe involving Batman/Superman/et al.

And there are a number of good "true DC" animated films, as pointed out by mutedblade:

quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
If you would like to watch DC stuff that's good, watch the Animated movies. I think that if the animated stuff went mainstream, it would trounce Marvel, especially in the story telling portion.

Yep. While even their animated stuff can be hit or miss at times, DC's animated releases are leagues beyond Marvel's.

If you want to check out a bunch of DC's animated stuff that you may have missed, a whole slew of it dropped on HBO Max on January 1st.

I'd start with the animated Batman films, like Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke, Mask of the Phantasm, etc.

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I genuinely enjoy Constantine. It's not high art, but it's very entertaining.

The casting of and character design for Tilda Swinton and Peter Stormare were inspired.

I think Peter Stormare's slimy take on Satan is one of the best in film.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post