SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Metro Detroiters, 12th and Clairmont on WXYZ tonight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Metro Detroiters, 12th and Clairmont on WXYZ tonight Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
http://www.wxyz.com/news/opini...ack-to-look-forward_

This documentary on the 1967 Detroit Riots will be on WXYZ channel 7 from 7 to 9 Eastern time tonight.

Instead of the dramatized in my opinion of the movie "Detroit" opening soon this was compiled from news sources, home movies and I assume personal interviews. Hopefully it will hold to the facts of what happened and not someone's slanted view of those days in late July 1967.

I was 15 then,old enough to remember those days well. My last day in driver's education was to have been that Tuesday. That was our downtown Detroit driving day, he promised us lunch at one of the Coney Island restaurants there. We ended up again in Ann Arbor, instead we got to drive there checking out the co-ed's around the Diag for the second time in two weeks. The dawn to dusk curfews affected everyone in the tri-county area together with restrictions on gasoline, ammunition and alcohol sales. I received my temporary permit on Wednesday but living in Farmington all road tests were on hiatus at the city DPS. Found out Northville would test me but since I was getting a restricted cycle license at that time I had to get my cycle there, so I pushed it. Well, kinda sorta I did...... Wink

We lived along what is now M-5 Freeway in Farmington Township,at the time it was the eastern end of Interstate 96, strange to look out there and see virtually no traffic in either direction. And the helicopters following the highway, banking and turning over our house continuing to patrol it. Still remember it very clearly.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post