Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hugh Hewitt Login/Join 
Picture of JR78
posted
Is it just me or is he a closet Democrat?

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
He's been an Anti-Trumper from the beginning. Example:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...mp-trump-convention/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Hewitt is the avatar of inside-the-beltway thinking. As such he's blind to everything outside his bubble and useless. Not worth anyone's time.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Like Medved, he's another one I quit listening to because of their lurching to the Left and the anti-Trump crap. Roll Eyes

Don't forget this guy got gigs on MSNBC and CNN and I think that infects people with leftism, just being there.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Hewitt is the avatar of inside-the-beltway thinking. As such he's blind to everything outside his bubble and useless. Not worth anyone's time.
That's good news. It seems that my never having heard of him before has saved me some time.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm glad my local AM station started broadcasting his show at 0500. At that hour, I'm SURE to pretty much never hear it. I agree with the others in comparing Hewitt with Medved...both are leftists. KNTH finally got rid of Medved...hopefully Hewitt isn't too far behind.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
That's good news. It seems that my never having heard of him before has saved me some time.

That's a big 10-4

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I don’t listen regularly, but I do listen to his conversations with Larry Arnn of Hillsdale on Fridays.
Hewitt was against Trump before the convention (as was I), but laid out the case before the election that it was a “binary choice” and if you didn’t want Hillary you should vote for Trump.

That’s not being a NeverTrumper IMO.
He has had Mike Pompeo on many times long before he was in the Trump administration. He also has people like Jake Tapper and Chuck Todd on, as he likes people to hear different opinions.

As far as his being on MSNBC, he’s clearly behind enemy lines there bringing a point of view the MSNBC audience otherwise wouldn’t hear.

As I said, I don’t listen regularly, but he’s a serious talk show host who does solid interviews.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post