SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Robert Conrad, gone at 84
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Conrad, gone at 84 Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
RIP Robert. Another Wild Wild West and Black Sheep fan. West always had some cool stuff.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I always liked the Wild Mr. West.
RIP

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my cable channels is re-playing all the Wild Wild West seasons. I catch them as often as I can.
R.I.P. Robert Conrad.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
In lieu of flowers, Conrad’s family is requesting donations to the Wounded Warrior Project and The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
A great actor in many great series. RIP James West you will be sorely missed.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
We lost Orson Bean the other day as well.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this - RIP Mr. Conrad

I was also a big fan of Black Sheep Squadron and the Wild Wild West - FETV is showing the Wild Wild West episodes again

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:

That makes three this week; Kirk Douglas, Orson Bean, and Robert Conrad.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Knew the day was coming but was hoping it would be a while. I was a huge fan of Robert Conrad, watching most of his shows (including the failed ones like "A Man Called Sloane") starting with "The Wild, Wild West."

R.I.P., Mr. Conrad.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:

Honestly I thought he was gone decades ago, but it's pretty awful what happened, for him to live so long and die that way.

Not to make light of it, but the news reporter kept referring to him as "Mr. Bean", and while accurate, it conjures up confusing images in ones head.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
James West - original steam punk

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Robert Conrad was a feisty individual. Saw him and Robert Blake jump up, square off and almost come to blows on the Johnny Carson show back in the late 70's. Some dispute over what was happening at the time with SAG(Screen Actors Guild/Union)

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Visiting Marines in Beirut....and cracking a beer.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
RIP sir... Watching Black Sheep Sqaudron with my Grandfather is a good memory

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_U5VDuesmJE" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Blown away by his answer to the last question. Godspeed Robert again you be sorely missed.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob would have been so happy, that in the obit I saw, there was a photo of him with his shirt off. I think it was in his contract, that at some point in every episode of whatever show he was in, there would be an excuse to take his shirt off.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Conrad. Frown

Some great shows, great memories.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
next time we are sitting around the camp fire , as me about the time I just about killed my self on the jungle jim at school
while replicating Jim wests cool hand winch contraption

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post