SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Robert Conrad, gone at 84
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Conrad, gone at 84 Login/Join 
posted
Another good one, from the days of TV.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I was a fan. Every Tuesday night. RIP

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I loved Wild Wild West when I was a kid. Baa Baa Black Sheep was a favorite also.

RIP Mr. Conrad.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good ones as above; I remember his late 1980's series, "High Mountain Rangers" as well.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Go ahead, I dare ya? RIP Mr.Conrad

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Fly west, Pappy and Agent James West...fly west. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"I dare you to knock this off."

Made you want to punch him. Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After a 10hr day this is the last thing I wanted to read.

I was a big fan of both Black Sheep Squadron and Wild Wild West.

While I was growing up every Sunday morning was dedicated to watching Wild Wild West followed by Lost in Space.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
awww man Frown

One of my favorite actors as a young boy, admittedly just because I liked so many of the shows he was in...mostly Baa Baa Black Sheep (have the opening theme song as a ring tone) and Wild Wild West...but even some of his later roles such as when he played in that TV movie about a retired forest ranger.

Once, when a young boy, I found an old kitchen butter knife somewhere and spent hours trying to cut the grip end off to make a secret compartment...only because I saw Jim West with a fancy knife with a hidden compartment in it.

I was literally just thinking about him a few days ago when the news of Kirk Douglas's death broke and I was about to do an internet search on him just to see what he had been up to, but I got distracted and forgot.

RIP Robert...you stoked a lot of dreams of action and adventure, and some ambitions as well, in at least one young boy many many years ago.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read this...dang

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Mr. Conrad. The Wild Wild West was a great one from my childhood.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, another one. Like others, Black Sheep Squadron is where I knew him from.

Conrad was one of the last real deal tough guys in Hollywood, a serious red-ass who had no problems stepping outside and straightening things out. Conrad was also the last of the celebrities that had property up in Bear Valley-area of Calaveras County. The Bridges family (Lloyd, Jeff, & Beau), Clint Eastwood, Jame Coburn and Merv Griffen all vacationed there, Tom Selleck's sister I understand used to live up there and he was spotted a few times. His alcoholism caught up to him in '03 when he got into a head-on crash with another local. Both were in bad shape, the area soured on Conrad and he left town, the other driver eventually passed later on, many blame on the crash.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Wild Wild West was a favorite of mine! RIP, Sir.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
My favorite was when he played Pasquinel in Centennial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuwxFdH5Mgc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: maxwayne,

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Hawaiian Eye.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP. Loved Black Sheep Squadron when I was a kid. My dad was a Corsair freak.

Heard he wasn’t a big man but, would throw down w/ anyone and had a couple lawsuits because of that.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
He did a great job in every role he played.

RIP, Mr. Conrad-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Wild Wild West so cool. My step dad and I used to watch it and Star Trek reruns every Sunday.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
RIP. Loved Black Sheep Squadron when I was a kid. My dad was a Corsair freak.

Heard he wasn’t a big man but, would throw down w/ anyone and had a couple lawsuits because of that.

He was 5'8". "Black Sheep Squadron" back in the day in re-runs on Saturday afternoons was an almost an "All Hands" function in my old Reserve Center if not on duty.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Go ahead, I dare ya? RIP Mr.Conrad

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post