SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Seems like Amazon Prime is slowly losing its free (included) video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seems like Amazon Prime is slowly losing its free (included) video Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
While browsing I am seeing more and more things say I need an add on subscription to watch. These are not even premium HBO type shows. Many are quite old.

I wonder if they will eventually eliminate the video portion of Prime.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
It's always been that way. Prime and Netflix usually have 90% the same selection. I think they all work the same deals with the licensing companies. Things will rotate out of Prime very regularly. I know this because of my overly-ambitious queue.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
If you find something free on Prime you want to watch, watch it. It may not be free in the near future.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
I fell to what Blackmore foretells. I had never watched the X-files. They were included with Prime so I started binge watching. SOaB, I had two or three episodes left in the final season and...poof...off Prime.

Still haven't seen how the original run ended.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
I fell to what Blackmore foretells. I had never watched the X-files. They were included with Prime so I started binge watching. SOaB, I had two or three episodes left in the final season and...poof...off Prime.

Isn't the Amazon.com streaming free if you have prime - or only select shows?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Select shows. Others are available to rent or buy.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
And there are addons like the Fullscreen subscription that adds shows and movies many of which once were included.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. Out of all of these, AP has the WORST streaming service. So much of their shit charges you per episode in addition to you subscription service.

With Hulu and Netflix, you pay once for everything.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The free streaming music seems to be turning into an add on product as well.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:

If you made it to within 2-3 episodes of the end of the final season, you're already well past anything that any true fans care about.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

I feel that way too at times, but 95% of the time I find it very hard to beat asking Alexa to play something and just let it go for hours.

Posts: 220 | Location: ATL | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Isn't all the HBo content free on Prime? That's huge if you think about it.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Nope. $15/mo.

If you subscribe to HBO via cable provider, you can stream their content free through HBO GO on a lot of smart TVs and most streaming devices (Roku, fire, appletv, etc.).

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was for a while, not too long ago. All of April maybe, or it might have been March. They'll do that from time to time - offer a free trial period hoping to get you hooked on it enough to subscribe. Not just HBO I don't think, those offers will show up (at one time or another) for most of the 3rd-party content providers that Amazon works with.

And yeah, I've had stuff queued up to watch only to have it revert to pay-per-view when I get around to doing it. The advice above it good: When you see something you're interested in included with your AP membership, jump on it before it goes PPV.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I just logged on real quick and Band of Brothers, the Pacific, The Wire, Generation Kill, etc...were all included with Prime. Maybe it's just the older stuff?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:

Nope. $15/mo.

If you subscribe to HBO via cable provider, you can stream their content free through HBO GO on a lot of smart TVs and most streaming devices (Roku, fire, appletv, etc.).

-Rob

Yes I have HBO already but my prime isn't linked in any way and a bunch of the HBO content is listed as included with Prime.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:

I feel that way too at times, but 95% of the time I find it very hard to beat asking Alexa to play something and just let it go for hours.

I;m not letting that nosy bitch in my house.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post